Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got them in Northern Falls Co also .

Comment

Sprayed Bifenthrin and it killed them overnight. My yard looked about as bad as Antlers.
      My local feed store had 25% which is pretty strong.

Comment

As of this morning I believe every inch of Freestone County has been hammered by army worms over the last week and a half. Sum bucks are EVERYWHERE

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
          Sprayed Bifenthrin and it killed them overnight. My yard looked about as bad as Antlers.
          My local feed store had 25% which is pretty strong.
          4oz per acre will destroy them

Comment

how soon after using lambda did anybody cut hay? Roberston co is covered with them

Comment

You can cut anytime after. You can graze on it too

Comment

This is a link to an article by TEXAS A&M on fall army worms

Comment

Holy hell

If anyone has any doubts that armyworms aren’t bad in east Texas this video was shot by Sam Massey this morning after a couple of rounds of cutting some hay for Vogie cattle co.

Comment

^^^^
                    That is a bad infestation!

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      As of this morning I believe every inch of Freestone County has been hammered by army worms over the last week and a half. Sum bucks are EVERYWHERE
                      Ain't that the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                        This is a link to an article by TEXAS A&M on fall army worms

https://agrilifeextension.tamu.edu/w...ay-pasture.pdf
                        I am interpreting this to mean that if we treat an active infestation with a pesticide that has a 2 week + residual, we should have very good control.

I priced Prevathon and Lambda-Cy yesterday. Prevathon is about $12 per acre with a 2-3 week residual. Lambda-Cy is $3 per acre but is contact only - no residual. Last time I treated for fall army worms, I used Mustang Maxx, which I think has a residual because I only sprayed once. It also runs about $10-$12 per acre.

Lambda-Cy and Mustang Maxx are restricted use pesticides but Prevathon is not. Mustang Maxx also has a 4 hour re-entry interval, but the other 2 do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          I am interpreting this to mean that if we treat an active infestation with a pesticide that has a 2 week + residual, we should have very good control.

I priced Prevathon and Lambda-Cy yesterday. Prevathon is about $12 per acre with a 2-3 week residual. Lambda-Cy is $3 per acre but is contact only - no residual. Last time I treated for fall army worms, I used Mustang Maxx, which I think has a residual because I only sprayed once. It also runs about $10-$12 per acre.

Lambda-Cy and Mustang Maxx are restricted use pesticides but Prevathon is not. Mustang Maxx also has a 4 hour re-entry interval, but the other 2 do not.
                          Should.... BUT these everyday or ever other day 10 minute floods throw that out the window

Comment

Best I can tell they are eating everything but the dove weed and broom weed

Comment

I used Sevin - SL, got it from the coop. Had to use once last year in the pasture, and used on the front yard this year. Seems to work good and stops them quick. Also safe to use on a hay pasture that will be baled.

Comment

Question for the experts. Can these chemicals be applied effectively or safely with just a hand sprayer? I don’t own any spraying equipment and the places that need treating are 1 acre or less. Big yard and a small horse pasture, and maybe a small food plot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X