No announcement yet.

New Seekins HAVAK rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you can apply the gift card to the rifle. If you call them, tell them you saw in the current shooting catalogue that the gun was listed for $599 and you wanted to order one and see what they tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Is that deal still going? The gift card could be applied to the rifle?
      Meant to quote you in my last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Is that deal still going? The gift card could be applied to the rifle? When I looked them up on cabelas it says 2899.00
        I doubt it but will order one if so.

Comment

I don’t have a shooting catalog, I threw the dang thing away and did not look in it. Online it says 2899.00 and the calibers available did not interest me, I thought this might be a custom order and you could pick calibers.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
            I doubt it but will order one if so.
            Here's a photo from the catalog. If you decide to call, like I did this morning, ask to make an order for item number SA-292888. They've had a ton of calls so they'll know you're looking for the Seekins even though that product number is actually for a Mossberg. They will then tell you that they are offering a $500 gift card if you decide to buy the rifle at full price ($1999.99). I did not ask if they would apply the giftcard to the rifle.

Good luck!
            Attached Files

Comment

I called two times getting different people each time. They never mentioned a gift card. I will try that in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                I called two times getting different people each time. They never mentioned a gift card. I will try that in the morning.
                Yeah, I'd act disappointed that the item number was misleading and see what happens. Might have just been the gal I talked with, who I think was named Debbie.

Again, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                  Has anybody shot one of these? Any feedback?
                  Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                  Anyone have any more info on this rifle and or how it shoots?

And if you were to get one which cal 6mm Creed, 6.5 Creed or 6.5 PRC?
                  Bump for feedback on anyone who has this rifle. Looking for feedback

Comment

A few buddies have them. Same buddies have numerous high end customs. They are very impressed and shoot the havak a ton. Only thing I don’t like is the stock feels cheap. The gun is solid.

Comment

I’m one of Trophy8s buddies that have a Havak. I snagged mine about 6 weeks ago after putting a couple hundred rounds through another buddy of ours over the past year. Both in 6 Creedmoor. I’ve got just shy of 300 rounds through mine. It’s been a hell of a shooter, and I haven’t shot a factory rifle in years. I put another 40 rounds through it Saturday from 200 to 800. At 600 I shot a 2.5” group, and then dialed to 800 with a center punch. It’s split open a few coyote noggins so far, and laid down a decent amount of pork too. I’m loving this gun. I ordered a PRC for my brother in law two days after buying mine if that tells you anything. First day out I zeroed and confirmed dope. Then proceeded to shoot a sub 5” group at 1020. With factory Hornady 108s. That’s shooting **** fine in my book.

Comment

Ah crap Keane just realized it was you asking. We went over this the other day already haha

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          A few buddies have them. Same buddies have numerous high end customs. They are very impressed and shoot the havak a ton. Only thing I don’t like is the stock feels cheap. The gun is solid.
                          I think they may have changed the stock used on the newer ones. My cousin has an original with the Game Warden stock and I really like that one. The ones I have seen lately do not look to be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                            I think they may have changed the stock used on the newer ones. My cousin has an original with the Game Warden stock and I really like that one. The ones I have seen lately do not look to be the same.
                            Seekins started mfg their own carbon fiber stocks for the Havak about 6-8 months ago. At first I was disappointed to not be getting the McMillan. A couple weeks ago I compared mine with the exact same exact same rifle with the McMillan though. Both 6 Creeds. Myself and the owner of the McMillan version both agreed we actually liked the Seekins stock more. It’s very stiff, lighter, and slightly less small palm swell. It just fit better better and being a few ounces lighter was a benefit as well.

Comment

I have not had a chance to shoot a new one. I actually really liked the GW stock and have put several boxes through that gun. To me, it is more comfortable coming from my Manners, etc. to that stock. Great to hear Seekins is keeping it right even when bringing costs down. As opposed to the Christensen Arms Ridgeline, we both absolutely hate that stock and the tinly little bolt handle.
                              Last edited by -HIC-; 01-21-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I guess back to the recent question; The Havok does not disappoint. Like others have said it is a tack driver out of the box. I do not care for the trigger, but my cousin seems to like it and it is his gun!

The man bun caliber that my cousin has is a one hole kinda gun with factory match and Hornady black.

Comment

Working...
                                X