What a good tv now days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    What if the OP has a no limit budget ? Why restrict him to price when maybe he wants the top of the line OLED ?

$1000 will buy you an average, middle of the road 65” TV based on current prices and specs
    He said good....not top of the line. If you look at 65" tv's in the same price range....they all look the same to me. It's just a tv. I've got Samsung, LG, Vizio and Toshiba in my house.....othe than the screen size.....they all have the same picture quality. He doesn't sound like a TV snob.....

OP....be sure to get a sound bar / system too. Speaker quality on tv's suck.....all of them!
    Last edited by Traildust; 05-04-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      I purchased a SONY Bravia 65” LED X900F recently and am very pleased

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65...?skuId=6179726
      I had same but 42" about 10y Been Great

Comment

OLED's are crazy clear.

Comment

Last one we bought was Insignia brand. I was looking at other more expensive ones at Best Buy. The salesman asked what I was looking for in a tv and said Insignia is just as good quality wise. We’ve had it only 2 years but so far so good. It’s a 55” and was less than $600

Comment

Just like everything else, it depends on your budget. OLED is best. LG makes them and Sony and Visio use them (from LG). Samsung makes the QLED which is a step below the OLED. A 65” is going to run $1500-$3000.

I like this site when researching electronics.

Here are our top picks for the best TVs of 2024, based on side-by-side comparisons at CNET's testing lab.

Comment

My Samsung has been good so far, its a couple years in to owning it. 6000 series LED Smart.

My Vizio has been an absolute nightmare! The smart function can NEVER maintain connection and the apps do not work properly more than properly. After this experience with the Vizio, it will be my last.

Comment

I only buy Magnetbox or Panaphonics. Occasionally I’ll consider a Zenith but only if I can’t find one of the other two.

Comment

Save yourself and buy a radio

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve changed the bulb on the current DLP about 6 times over the 8 years...whatever happened last night isn’t the bulb because I have a back up bulb and it didn’t fix the problem.

I’d like a large 55-65” tv and would love to stay around $600-$800. I don’t need all of the fancy features because I have two young kids so most of the tv watching is just cartoons.

I’d like something with a good picture that is dependable. I’ve seen 65” tvs for $600 and then for $1800, I guess this huge range is because of pixel quality and extra features?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
                      I’ve changed the bulb on the current DLP about 6 times over the 8 years...whatever happened last night isn’t the bulb because I have a back up bulb and it didn’t fix the problem.

I’d like a large 55-65” tv and would love to stay around $600-$800. I don’t need all of the fancy features because I have two young kids so most of the tv watching is just cartoons.

I’d like something with a good picture that is dependable. I’ve seen 65” tvs for $600 and then for $1800, I guess this huge range is because of pixel quality and extra features?
                      Here you go!

Comment

I'd go vizio, you can get a good 65 in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                          TCL is probably the best value for the $. Check reviews online ...
                          Absolutely. I did my research too and concur. Get a 6 series and call it a day. I'm very impressed

Comment

The led is the reigning format today. I sure did like the DLP. I have 2 65" and 1 60" that get bulbs every year to year and a half. I have changed the chip in 2 of them. Not sure what we will buy when anything not easily replaceable fails.

Comment

Best Buy has some nice smart 45" TVs on clearance for $209.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a 65" Visio for $449 at my local walmart yesterday. They had practically all the TV's on clearance. It was actually marked $499, but scanned at $449...[emoji5]
                                Not sure if all Wallys have them on clearance. It looks great and have not had any problems from Visios for the last+ years.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X