Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what I’m taking away is this....

1. No wind is bad.
    2. I need to buy every scent control product out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

31 posts and no one mention pea gravel. Deer will ignore human scent if pea gravel is in the mix.

Comment

A lot of folks put stock in being scentless, that is an impossibility. Low wind days are very difficult to hunt. Scent will linger and just slide on the ground especially if you have a high humidity day. Days like today I tend to stay out of the woods unless I hunt out of my Krivo blind.

If you want to control scent, cover it up with smoke or something natural, as far as being scent free, you cannot achieve that. You have to many orifices that stink.
        Last edited by lovemylegacy; 09-29-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
          Humidity is a deer's friend.
          Absolutley.. The damper/wetter it is the better their sense of smell is.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
            Humidity is a deer's friend.
            This!

Comment

No matter what you do, and I personally have it down to an art sometimes you'll get busted. One day you have 10 deer within 20 yards and none know notta, then the next day that one ol doe will bust you out of no where. It happens..... What I do know is of you hunt an area and get busted you better let it rest or they'll be looking for you every trip. Also if one particular doe keeps busting you, you might as well kill her first chance you get or she'll make your bow season miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                No matter what you do, and I personally have it down to an art sometimes you'll get busted. One day you have 10 deer within 20 yards and none know notta, then the next day that one ol doe will bust you out of no where. It happens..... What I do know is of you hunt an area and get busted you better let it rest or they'll be looking for you every trip. Also if one particular doe keeps busting you, you might as well kill her first chance you get or she'll make your bow season miserable.
                Can I get a Amen

Comment

I had a deer spook this morning and it surprised me as he was real calm for 3-5mins. I was wondering the same thing you were about how did i get busted. Well within a couple minutes of him spooking 2 coyotes came down the clearing.

Might be a small chance but maybe it wasnt you spooking them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Vanilla and water

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      I have almost a whole tube of this opened from last season (it’s been stored in a heavy-duty Ziploc bag). Is it still good or do I need to replace it?

Comment

probably all them snacks and nutty buddies

Comment

Smells

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Another AMEN.....

when temps are stable and air drippie and no breeze... your ODOR is like a Mushroom cloud oozing all directions..on the ground.. No thermals to make smell go up..No wind to blow it in a certain directions...

In a steady rain it seems to wash air clear and cover sounds..

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                            You need some Dead Down Wind, EverCalm, Code Blue, Scent Killer, Scent-Loc, Scent Slammer, ConQuest, Tink's, Bone View ozone, Scent-A-Way, Ozonics, Earth Scent, Scent Crusher. That'll fix it.

.........buck candy, vanilla, pea gravel

Comment

Put your gear under a black light. Lots of the scent killer products still contain UV enhancers, which make you glow bright blue to a deer.

Comment

Another AMEN to killing alpha does that bust you when you stalk to your stand.

Just don't try to eat them any way other than ground up as burger or sausage. I shot one last year and even the backstraps were tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X