No announcement yet.

AntlerMax or RecordRack? or other types of Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a fan of LE also. I know that is not what you asked but my deer love it and it is 2-3 bucks cheaper than antler max.

Comment

We get ours at Behrend’s in Lukenbach...their stuff.
      Deer are hammering it.

Comment

Truth of the matter is there is not the thickness of a dime in difference between all these top quality proteins = all in all you cannot go wrong with any of them = many a big deer has been grown over the years off of each of the top end protein feeds on the market

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
          Truth of the matter is there is not the thickness of a dime in difference between all these top quality proteins = all in all you cannot go wrong with any of them = many a big deer has been grown over the years off of each of the top end protein feeds on the market
          I agree. Find something your deer like, that is readily available in your area and is in your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
            Where do you buy in San Saba?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
            Cen-Tex in Richland Springs has L&E, Also the L&E store in Llano.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
              I have a hard time getting the cottonseed to throw out of the feeder. I think I'm going to add some pea gravel to help move the cotton seeds down the funnel. Even then, it clogs up in the varmint cage.

Lysse&Eckel's for me out in the Llano area. We have good forbes and browse on the ranch, so supplementing is only for rack growth and healthier fawns/doe. Hoping for a mega fawn one day!! This is our 2nd year on L/E and wow.

If you fed cottonseed you wouldn't need those feeders and varmit cages.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  Where do you buy in San Saba?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry I should clarify, it’s actually in Richland Springs at Cen-Tex feed. Just started using it this past year but they’ve had it every time I’ve been to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                    Sorry I should clarify, it’s actually in Richland Springs at Cen-Tex feed. Just started using it this past year but they’ve had it every time I’ve been to fill.
                    Thats the one off of 190 just east of 45 right? The one that is also a dance hall[emoji4]

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha! Yes that’s the one. One stop shopping for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        probably a dumb question but is that bagged cotton seed?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          L&E

Cottonseed is cheaper and as good or better than any protein pellet. IMO
                          And, 4 out of 4 hogs agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            I bet nobody will say double down lol

Double Down! 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Jerikson View Post
                              Doesn't matter how good a ration you have if they won't eat it. Do side by side trials and let the deer tell you with consistent palatability. At Record Rack we do research to find out what they eat in the wild and formulate our feeds accordingly along with a berry scent they can't resist. Higher fat is always a good option to put body condition on then they'll put bone on top.

Always here to answer questions and make ranch calls to help grow better deer. Give us a call and let us know how we can help. Take the Record Rack challenge with a free bag at your local dealer.

Jared Erikson
                              Record Rack Deer Feed
                              Jared, did y'all recently change any of the contents in your feed? We have been exclusively feeding record rack 20 in our pastures for 11 straight years. And this year around December we noticed a different smell and texture in the feed, and subsequently a big drop off in consumption. It's been 6 months and our deer still aren't hitting the feeders like normal. We've got 10-11 years of data (i have always filled the feeders myself), so I know how hard they hit the feeders and how long it takes em to empty. Been scratching our heads and wondering what could've caused them to stop eating it? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                                The words "Cheap" and "Protein" do not belong in the same sentence together.
                                Yes they do.

Feed the cheapest protein that your deer will eat.
                                Tuthdoc taught us that.

Comment

Working...
                                X