No announcement yet.

noodling cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope no way i would that. If i cant catch em a hook they aint gonna get caught by me

Comment

Dang nice critter sir! I have done lots of things (mostly crazy stuff) but aint feeling the need to noodle.............yet!

Comment

Originally posted by NickR View Post
        I've always heard about the snapping turtles, beavers, moccasins etc. does anyone have pics or proof of what happens when you grab one?
        I've just heard stories about it. There was a guy that got bit by a Water Moccasin several years ago down by Ada,Oklahoma while he was noodlin. The scariest thing about it is the possibility of drowning. A man drowned in Lake Eufala a while back after his arm got trapped in some concrete. He was noodlin under the old highway and nobody knew anything had happened until it was too late. I don't care about snakes,turtles or none of that. I have 10 fingers,just one life.

Comment

We noodle lake limestone every year. Always a fish in the hole!

Comment

Got all these today, good ol tawakoni. Man it's not bad, the worst part is the anticipation of not knowing when your going to get bit. If you have a hole sticking straight up that there is shade under its a no go. You want a hole that is completely submerged to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I handle rattlers and will go pretty far into a den to get them out but there is no way I could do that.
              Great job on those cats.

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post

Got all these today, good ol tawakoni. Man it's not bad, the worst part is the anticipation of not knowing when your going to get bit. If you have a hole sticking straight up that there is shade under its a no go. You want a hole that is completely submerged to be safe

Is it a huge adrenalin rush cause that seems crazy to me. You need to video it next time. I think I'm too scared of snakes? Do you wear goggles or anything?

Comment

I've always wanted to give it a go.
                  I've got some arthritis in a few of my fingers... I'd make sure and put those in first. Lol

Comment

Wow!! What a monster blue!

Comment

I do. Havnt been yet this year. Gonna have to try some diffrent lakes this year. My normal spots are an extra 30 foot under water this year. Can't hold my breath that long haha

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Nice! In my youth in Oklahoma I noodled.
                        Me too, but I never caught any that big. I think mid 30's was the biggest I got. Most were in the 10 lb range.

Comment

Never been brave enough to grab them, but I've speared/gigged a few. I'm not swimming around in water that I can't see my feet in! I have speared several at our camp with goggles and a frog gig. Just swim down and find the flatheads under rocks and in caves.

Comment

I got a go pro for Christmas just got to use it, and I'll post videos on here so y'all stay tuned or follow my post! But it's a lot of fun guys. True adrenalin. Like I say worst part is he anticipation of it all

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                              Me too, but I never caught any that big. I think mid 30's was the biggest I got. Most were in the 10 lb range.
                              Also. Yeah, me and my friends never caught anything that size but my friends dad did. His largest was a 77 lb flathead.

Comment

Had my fingers look like that a time or three. I'm too old to rassle them thangs now especially a big blue like that beast. Them blues are some mean azz fish. Nothing bites harder than a dang blue cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X