• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
    I had cell coverage all over
    What carrier do you have?

Comment

Good luck

Comment

I have Sprint and looked at their network coverage map, looks spotty there at LANWR.

Thinking about switching to Verizon, on their map its all red lol.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

three days down. Any reports, pics?

Comment

Lost a cow last night. Hit her right at dark and I think got into the shoulder. No blood to be found, went back out this morning and looked for two hours. It sunk the arrow deep enough that she ran off with my illuma nock stuck inside her. Lots of folks already headed home. I am staying until I put one down, or run out of time. Neat place, had deer within a few yards everyday, had shots at 30-40 hogs just holding out for a nilgai. Never gotten one. This morning made me sick, I figured I would find her piled up but literally couldn't find any blood. First critter I have lost with the bow in twenty plus years. 27yds with a 486gr arrow at 286fps topped with a muzzy 125 3 blade...

Comment

If you don't find her PM me and I'll take a look on 30th. I know it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                If you don't find her PM me and I'll take a look on 30th. I know it sucks.
                AKA give me the information to the exact spot you were hunting....lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  /\ /\ /\ too funny

Comment

Originally posted by Saintgunner74 View Post
                    Lost a cow last night. Hit her right at dark and I think got into the shoulder. No blood to be found, went back out this morning and looked for two hours. It sunk the arrow deep enough that she ran off with my illuma nock stuck inside her. Lots of folks already headed home. I am staying until I put one down, or run out of time. Neat place, had deer within a few yards everyday, had shots at 30-40 hogs just holding out for a nilgai. Never gotten one. This morning made me sick, I figured I would find her piled up but literally couldn't find any blood. First critter I have lost with the bow in twenty plus years. 27yds with a 486gr arrow at 286fps topped with a muzzy 125 3 blade...
                    Right shoulder??

Comment

right shoulder should have been exit. I literally think I punched both front shoulders. I was trying to rip it the front of the left shoulder and should have come out just behind the right shoulder, she spooked not sure what she saw. But she tried to turn and it looked like arrow went straight through both shoulders. I honestly thought she went down about 80yds out and I could see her just standing there and acting sick, then she took off walking. as she turned I swore I saw broadhead sticking out and felt it was a bit high. But should be in left shoulder out the right. no buzzards went this morning listening for coyotes, nada, literally followed her tracks from point of shot for about 250yds in the mud. Never found blood. I think I might have gone way forward and if so may have missed all things super vital.

Not real happy with myself.

Prod if you go to the area I am in, and go 1.4 miles around you will be within 300yds of the exact spot I was in. I have multiple friends heading down this next week so I am not gonna give up much info. Besides the place is overrun with game. I have seen two bulls and five cows since I got here wed. last bull was standing in area two in the lil strip of brush all the way down in the corner by one as far as the refuge goes, he was trying to hide at about 1pm today.

I google earthed some spots, find a dung pile that is close to trail you can't miss their trails. set up there as far back in the shadows as you can get and don't move. I have never seen animals as skittish as them. draw early and hold it, I drew when she was over 90yds out and just waited for her to come stand by the yucca that I knew was 27yards. I still hunted yesterday in the wind and saw a ton of nice deer and all manner of hogs, but I leave the motel at 4:45 and I don't get back until around 7 or 8. Pack a lunch and spend the day in their. that is about the only advice I can give. first time here.

Comment

right shoulder should have been exit. I literally think I punched both front shoulders. I was trying to rip it the front of the left shoulder and should have come out just behind the right shoulder, she spooked not sure what she saw. But she tried to turn and it looked like arrow went straight through both shoulders. I honestly thought she went down about 80yds out and I could see her just standing there and acting sick, then she took off walking. as she turned I swore I saw broadhead sticking out and felt it was a bit high. But should be in left shoulder out the right. no buzzards went this morning listening for coyotes, nada, literally followed her tracks from point of shot for about 250yds in the mud. Never found blood. I think I might have gone way forward and if so may have missed all things super vital.

Prod if you go to the area I am in, and go 1.4 miles around you will be within 300yds of the exact spot I was in. I have multiple friends heading down this next week so I am not gonna give up much info. Besides the place is overrun with game. I have seen two bulls and five cows since I got here wed. last bull was standing in area two in the lil strip of brush all the way down in the corner by one as far as the refuge goes, he was trying to hide at about 1pm today.

I google earthed some spots, find a dung pile that is close to trail you can't miss their trails. set up there as far back in the shadows as you can get and don't move. I have never seen animals as skittish as them. draw early and hold it, I drew when she was over 90yds out and just waited for her to come stand by the yucca that I knew was 27yards. I still hunted yesterday in the wind and saw a ton of nice deer and all manner of hogs, but I leave the motel at 4:45 and I don't get back until around 7 or 8. Pack a lunch and spend the day in their. that is about the only advice I can give. first time here.
                        They are tough as heck man. Few years back there was a cow running around with a couple of arrows sticking out her.

I shot a cow that ended being pregnant at our lease one year. Got a great double lung shot with a 30-06 and she still managed to make a 100 yard dash into the brush.

Comment

I wouldn't give any details on areas if I were you. It usually comes back and bites you in the butt.... It must not be the one I saw today. Didn't see left side but right side had a hole high in the shoulder. With dried blood below. She wasn't even limping.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Now I can't wait to get out there. Sorry about losing the cow. Hope you get a second chance

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                              Ha, yea..i guess you could create that narrative based on limited information i gave. I was actually genuine in my comment which i get is a rarity in this world.

Comment

Anyone know what the success rate of being drawn for this hunt is? Which units?

Comment

Working...
                                X