Tundra or Chevy PU and why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
    To bad the tundra looks like a Chevy chit it out ...
    Ok then. To each his own.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Actually ZERO. Front ends maybe.
      What about daytime running lights

Seems like every chevy over 3 years old I meet on the highway has one out.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        What about daytime running lights

Seems like every chevy over 3 years old I meet on the highway has one out.
        They fixed that issue. They started using the same bulbs as the check engine light. Those burn forever

Comment

I am no help. But I have only ever driven a Chevy...and my last truck will be a chevy or Tundra also. Learning to like the Tundra. Well built and great engines.

Ford never

Comment

You already know my opinion. Good luck. Let me know what u end up choosing

Comment

Tundras get an update in 2 years.

Most likely make some simple changes to get improved mpg: elect fans, elect power steering, 8 speed trans, etc.

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
              The main problem I have with the Tundras is they are in desperate need for an update. I'd say the same for the new Tacos and Camerys as well. Toyota hasn't made any significant updates on the Tundras since like 2007. Did they do anything for 2018?

Not saying the Tundras aren't reliable, but Chevy and Ford both have them beat on MPG. Heck, I think Chevy and Ford also have nicer interiors, options, etc.

Personally, I would find a trusted dealer and purchase whatever you are comfortable with. All these vehicles are reliable. I'd also take reliability claims on the internet with a grain of salt considering how many people (regardless of brand) don't even keep a truck 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my '16 averaging 7mpg pulling a 24 Shallowsport which is very similar size and weight? I've tried every possible combination using sport mode 4th gear, 5th gear, with and without tow/haul, etc. This is running the same stretch of Hwy77 to the valley running 70-75mph. I'm sure it could get a lot better if I staid under 65mph and 3000rpm's.
                Yea your speed/rpm's may be the issue. I don't pull the boat very far but we usually just cruise around 60-65 with it. I don't change any settings with it unless I'm going thru town, then I'll use the tow/haul.

Comment

1 million mile tundra

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                    You already know my opinion. Good luck. Let me know what u end up choosing
                    Hey....thanks.....

Well, just got back from test driving the Tundra's. If I go this route the only model I really liked was the 1794 edition? They are bringing one over from their Weatherford lot tomorrow so who knows?

One of my real estate buddies I used to work with has the exact same model, year, trim and has had no issues. This is the only Tundra I have seen that matches up with my King Ranch both in looks, gadgets, comfort. The others including the Platinum just did not do it for me.

I am going to hit the Chevy/GMS dealer here in the morning just to make sure. It's either the 1794 Tundra or Chevy..none others in consideration. I'll post to the OP what I decide on. Thanks to several for the PM's and advice.
                    Kuma

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Actually ZERO. Front ends maybe.
                      Very impressive. Maybe I had bad luck with all mine

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                        I am at a loss If Chrysler/Fiat gets the nod over GM. Unless all of the fleet is driving and not working. Resale and fuel mileage would kill that for most.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
                        My understanding is we left Fiat due to non covered quality issues (remember, we do not warranty the vehicles past mfg. standard). We had been with them for 7-8 years when I hired on (don't know before that). Switched to GM, was with them for two years. Now going back to Fiat. To me, it speaks volumes.

Believe me, we are all about total overall cost/value.

Comment

Traded for a Tundra 4X4 1794 Western Edition.....Momma and I are both happy....very close to the King Ranch in trim and gadgets...now, just good days ahead we hope and no worries..thanks all for the advice and comments. Kuma

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                            Traded for a Tundra 4X4 1794 Western Edition.....Momma and I are both happy....very close to the King Ranch in trim and gadgets...now, just good days ahead we hope and no worries..thanks all for the advice and comments. Kuma
                            You know the rule Kuma. Pictures or it didn't happen. Let's see that new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              You know the rule Kuma. Pictures or it didn't happen. Let's see that new ride.
                              I'll post some tomorrow...thanks Buddy!

Comment

I have owned them all. Have stuck with GM and Toyota. 04, 09 GM 13 Tacoma 05 land cruiser 10 Lexus Rx350. I won’t buy anything but 4x4. I sold both in the 90’s. I think they both make a pretty good product.

Comment

Working...
                                X