This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
    Stick1 and I got drawn for gators at J.D. Murphree with 3 points. We are SO excited!
    This is the one hunt I WANT !!! So jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessRanch View Post
      Stick1 and I got drawn for gators at J.D. Murphree with 3 points. We are SO excited!
      You'll have a blast... this is from last year.

Comment

What method are you guys using to kill the alligators? Bow?

Comment

Question, moved to Texas about a year ago, draw hunts look to be the similar format as Georgia. However, do they e-mail you if you get denied or just occasionally check the website? Also if i signed up for 5 hunts and get denied to them all do i get 5 points to use later or just 1?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
            How long were those gators? Congrats. I got drawn this year and can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
              Question, moved to Texas about a year ago, draw hunts look to be the similar format as Georgia. However, do they e-mail you if you get denied or just occasionally check the website? Also if i signed up for 5 hunts and get denied to them all do i get 5 points to use later or just 1?

Thanks
              You only get notified via email if you are drawn. You can check status on TPWD website. As far as preference points, you can only accumulate up to 1 point per hunt category per year. If different categories, you will get a point in each.

Now the fun explanation. You don't get to "use" preference points later. Basically your preference points only "increase" your odds of being drawn. The way I understand it is, if you have 1 preference point in a category, you get 1 "lottery ball" in the hopper. If you have 2 points, you get 2 and so on. Many on here have large numbers of preference points (I'm up near 20 on a couple) and it is still a lottery type draw. I just supposedly have more "balls" in the lottery bin. Much different then western states preference point system. Not saying bad, just different.

Comment

We are there 9/14-15

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                Which dates? We will be out there 9/18-19.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
                  Hunted there 2 years ago, great staff and great place to hunt.
                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Nice! Good to hear positive comments about the place!

Comment

I didn't think I could get more excited but now I am! That one on the left is a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                      That isn't fair man. There certainly should be way more opportunities than there are currently here in Texas.
                      It's not really about opportunities. If you had a guy win Powerball every year for years or another that wims powerball in 3 different states the same year then yeah people will start asking queations about the system. It is what it is, bottom line is nobody should be relying on the Texas draw to provide them or their kids hunts, it's more like a bonus hunt

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                        How long were those gators? Congrats. I got drawn this year and can't wait.
                        The small one was a little over 7', the middle gator was 9'7" and the big one was 10'8". I got the 9'7" with archery gear, the other two were hook & line.

Comment

The small one was a little over 7', the middle gator was 9'7" and the big one was 10'8". I got the 9'7" with archery gear, the other two were hook & line.
                          Awesome gators! We got drawn for the 9/19-20 hunt period. We are new to gator hunting. Any info you wouldnt mind sharing with us? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                            Awesome gators! We got drawn for the 9/19-20 hunt period. We are new to gator hunting. Any info you wouldnt mind sharing with us? Thanks
                            They don't give you much time to prepare either.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              archery deer went down to 4 days instead of 5 at Chap.
                              Lame, I drew that hunt last year and it was pretty awesome.

Comment

If i were to change anything, it would be to limit wins to only one permit per category. In other words, you can enter as many "Either sex" hunt locations/drawing but if you win one, your done. As mentioned, one person got three permits, three locations for the same hunt category. My son and I also got drawn for two of the same type hunt at two different location for the SAME WEEKEND!

Comment

Working...
                                X