This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Bingo........nothing wrong with that either! In my opinion they are leaving money on the table compared to what I send to New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona every year.

As long as that Texas public land sheep is in your avatar there is ALWAYS a chance I can get some of your luck!!! Pure awesomeness sir!!!
    Just wait 'til I draw the desert sheep the 2nd time. Somebody has to be the first guy to do that. Might as well be me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Just wait 'til I draw the desert sheep the 2nd time. Somebody has to be the first guy to do that. Might as well be me.
      [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        If you only have $3 to spend on it and can only apply for 1 hunt, the other guy that applied for all of them still only gets 1 app in the drawing that you applied for. Nobody can apply more than once for any one particular hunt. The guy that applied for multiple hunts in a category may draw one of the other hunts before your hunt is drawn, and he'll lose all his points as soon as he's drawn for that other hunt.

Bottom line: It's a drawing. You're probably not gonna get drawn, but there's a chance.
        I'm not gonna keep arguing about it if I wanted to I could apply for all of them too. Bottom line is if one person applies for one hunt and then twenty other people apply for that hunt along with the others that they applied for then that persons chances are ****ed because there's twenty more apps to compete with. The whole system is ****ed. Yes it's a drawing, yes your probably not gonna get drawn, yes there's a chance. And that chance is worse with the current odds than the past odds. I don't see how people don't see that and keep defending it. Carry on.
        Last edited by SolocamShooter; 07-07-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

My kid drew javi and aoudad in his third year last cycle. I'm going on seven with nada, but it will happen.
          One year in NM I drew a quality archery elk unit and Oryx! Gotta play to win.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
            I'm not gonna keep arguing about it if I wanted to I could apply for all of them too. Bottom line is if one person applies for one hunt and then twenty other people apply for that hunt along with the others that they applied for then that persons chances are ****ed because there's twenty more apps to compete with. The whole system is ****ed. Yes it's a drawing, yes your probably not gonna get drawn, yes there's a chance. And that chance is worse with the current odds than the past odds. I don't see how people don't see that and keep defending it. Carry on.
            I agree, the system here is poorly designed compared to other western States. I apply for the chance and it's cheap as $#!?.

Comment

Man, I got lucky last year, now only accumulated points on mule deer and exotic. Hoping to get at least one dr aw with my 83 yr old dad .

Comment

Put mine in, gotta keep the fingers crossed. Anyone had any luck on the E-Postcard hunts?

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Tgk0427 View Post
                    Put mine in, gotta keep the fingers crossed. Anyone had any luck on the E-Postcard hunts?
                    Drew granger in 2013 haven't drawn since

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      Drew granger in 2013 haven't drawn since
                      That's prior to the new online system correct?

Comment

I think that was the last year you actually had to mail in a post card

Comment

Never even drawn for the post card hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put me and the wife in for 14 hunts. I agree that the system could use some changes as to out of state guys and limits to apply per category, but, it's how TPWD makes a lot of money. I've been drawn once in about 9 years of applying and that's it. But, can't win if you don't play.....

Comment

Keep forgetting to put in.
                              Will do that today

Wouldn't mind getting back down to James D WMA again

Comment

I apply each year and get picked for a hunt maybe every third year. I still only apply for one hunt in each category. It's cheap and the payoff could be great. I equate it to playing a slot machine...probably wont win, but there is a chance it might pay off.

Now for my son, I enter him in multiple drawings in the same category. I want him to have as many chances as possible to get drawn for something.

Comment

Working...
                                X