No announcement yet.

Getting into mountain shape thread!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some MCT's that are garbage and some that are better. I'll see if I can find the good brands.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      You try MCT oils? I agree with low & slow with keto, that's the way it always worked for me until I met a guy who did triathlons on keto. He's changed the way I look at it, lot more liberal with fats and such. Anyhow he swears a shot of the MCT oil will give a huge boost before any type of workout. I have a bottle now but off keto for the moment so haven't had a chance to try it out.
      Be careful with MCT oil, it's great but use it in moderation or be close to a bathroom. A tablespoon goes a long way. I really like the stuff from Onnit

Comment

So I added a TON of tire flips after my deadlifts yesterday. Yeah I plan to just throw an Elk over my shoulder and carry it out.

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Be careful with MCT oil, it's great but use it in moderation or be close to a bathroom. A tablespoon goes a long way. I really like the stuff from Onnit
        Good info thanks. Yeah any new food substances always a good idea to start in moderation.

Comment

Well, I am planning my next major workout/challenge. I am going to walk between 20-25 miles with a small ruck and my fly rod and hit up nearly a dozen fishing ponds starting from Sunrise to Sunset one one day. This is meant to be fun, but also put my legs to the test on an all day hike/fish adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Well, I am planning my next major workout/challenge. I am going to walk between 20-25 miles with a small ruck and my fly rod and hit up nearly a dozen fishing ponds starting from Sunrise to Sunset one one day. This is meant to be fun, but also put my legs to the test on an all day hike/fish adventure.
            Sounds like a fun challenge!

Comment

Where you have 25 miles of ponds?? I wanna go lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                Where you have 25 miles of ponds?? I wanna go lol

The Woodlands is a giant "master planned community" North of Houston. It has something like 100+ parks of various sizes with about 30 of them having ponds. It is about a 30 min drive from me.

I will do a live thread

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

The Woodlands is a giant "master planned community" North of Houston. It has something like 100+ parks of various sizes with about 30 of them having ponds. It is about a 30 min drive from me.

I will do a live thread

Used to live real close to one when i moved down here and was staying with my folks. Only thing i miss about the woodlands is the sidewalks. I would bike to other ponds to fish. Can easily bike 10 or more miles without even crossing a busy road. Used to work for the township walking the waterway overnight for 6 hours a night. You can make a lot of laps around that place in 6 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I will do a live thread

We did those types of hikes calling a few years back. Each of us would carry rifle, shotgun, ammo, caller, water, meals, snacks basically enough gear for up to a 21 mile trek. Would make stands every 1/2 mile or so. Got to practice direction and orientation. Would always leave before sunrise and would not get back home till after dark. The best times I ever had calling was during these hikes.

Comment

Do any of y'all do yoga? I'm starting a yoga program in a couple of weeks. Looking for advice on a larger mat that won't be slippery for heavy sweating.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                        Used to live real close to one when i moved down here and was staying with my folks. Only thing i miss about the woodlands is the sidewalks. I would bike to other ponds to fish. Can easily bike 10 or more miles without even crossing a busy road. Used to work for the township walking the waterway overnight for 6 hours a night. You can make a lot of laps around that place in 6 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                        Yeah, it is fun to visit. Not willing to get tied up in a huge mortgage. I used to ride by bike up there, do some laps around the entire township and ride back to get in those 80 and 100 milers. When I got into fly fishing, I would go up and visit a pond in the evenings in the summer. Got tired of the drive and found a good one nearby. But it is the perfect place to do an all day hike and fish. I got a route mapped out at 23 miles and up to 14 different ponds I could hit. Will have to limit myself to about 15 to 20 minutes each pond.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          Do any of y'all do yoga? I'm starting a yoga program in a couple of weeks. Looking for advice on a larger mat that won't be slippery for heavy sweating.

I am going to start doing it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Martin View Post

Did 4 miles with a 50lb sand bag this afternoon. Gonna have to switch to am hikes cause it was brutal hiking in the heat. Digging the new exo, very happy so far.

Excellent pack choice there, sir!

Comment

As promised... my live thread

Comment

Went for a 5 mile ruck march this morning. Up to 25# in my ruck since I completed the all day marathon ruck march with 20#.

Comment

Working...
                                X