No announcement yet.

A bit of closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Michaels input I wouldn't expect any more.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Grateful for that as well.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
        Maybe you shouldn't comment on the replies. Your input isn't going to help anyone and maybe you should just leave it alone after you stuck your foot in your mouth. There's no point in more negativity and getting everyone all worked up!
        Absolutely the best advise so far...

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        You are out of line with your comments, especially in this forum and this site. there are hunters, bow and rifle, that don't put in the time or practice with their equipment and are much more susceptible to making a bad shot than (most) traditional archers, many of whom dedicate substantially more time to their craft and are more familiar with their equipment, abilities, range limitations and animal behavior than the average hunter.

Your comments are intentionally antagonistic and inflammatory and won't be tolerated here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

well this certainly turned into an interesting thread.

On a side note, that's a hell of a deer.

Comment

Its hilarious how guys pass judgement on a guy that that kills a pile of animals a year and has one wound.

If you're shooting 15/20 critters a year and loose one, I'm sure the numbers work out better then the guy that shoots 10-15 critters in 20 years, and looses a few? I'm not good at math though.............

Comment

Nice deer. I've messed around with a recurve off and on over the years, but never put in enough time, where I was confident enough to take my chances hunting with it. Still, If someone is a really proficient with one, and knows what shots to take and what there limits are, I think they're just as lethal as modern archery equipment. It's the Indian not the bow. Just have to know your limits and stick to them. Got to get'em close.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                Shiloh, put your "blinders" on, forget about the few uninformed comments, and focus/go get that buck this season! Good Luck my brother! Put one in the sweet spot on that "titanium plated" beauty of a buck! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

I'm thick skinned and can tune just about anything out, especially someone telling me what is or isn't ethical, and how I should or shouldn't hunt.

The way I look at it is, hunt with whatever you want to (bow, rifle, pistol, crossbow, bazooka, ect.), how ever you want whether its high fence, low fence, no fence, or whatever, as long as it's LEGAL and you know your equipment and what it is capable of doing and what YOUR capable of doing. I hunt with about everything, but prefer my Indian Stick any day over anything else. Anyone can kill a deer with a rifle, but to actually scout, hunt, and get within an ethical range of 20 yards or less on a mature whitetail, draw an "Indian Stick" back, release and watch as the arrow it just launched fly threw the air and let the air out of his lungs, is something that is un-matchable!

My only question is, how has the deer I'm hunting become "modern" therefore making it to where modern equipment is required to kill him? I mean I am shooting carbon arrows, those are pretty modern I'd say? This bucks never been in a pen, he's never had "rack master ***L" supplement put in front of him to eat nor has he been fed supplemental protein every day of his life. He's just an ol buck that lives way back in the middle of a bois de'ark thicket surrounded by swamp and cotton mouths that hasn't changed one bit since I started hunting it 18 years ago. Heck, there ain't even any cell signal down there! So since he has not been subjected to any of the above modern amenities that deer have now, does this exclude him from being a modern deer, therefore, making it ethical for me to shoot him with my Indian Stick just like my family has done for many generations before me?

Comment

Good luck on him Shiloh! Cuz I bet your gonna need a little! If he's like some of the ol swamp bucks round here, they get purty wiley! I also hear ya on that the deer I hunt don't even know what a protein feeder looks like, so they may be a little "Old School" too! And I'm bettin your "antique" equipment will kill him dead as a hammer. Once again, good luck brother, and keep us posted. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                    I'm thick skinned and can tune just about anything out, especially someone telling me what is or isn't ethical, and how I should or shouldn't hunt.

The way I look at it is, hunt with whatever you want to (bow, rifle, pistol, crossbow, bazooka, ect.), how ever you want whether its high fence, low fence, no fence, or whatever, as long as it's LEGAL and you know your equipment and what it is capable of doing and what YOUR capable of doing. I hunt with about everything, but prefer my Indian Stick any day over anything else. Anyone can kill a deer with a rifle, but to actually scout, hunt, and get within an ethical range of 20 yards or less on a mature whitetail, draw an "Indian Stick" back, release and watch as the arrow it just launched fly threw the air and let the air out of his lungs, is something that is un-matchable!

My only question is, how has the deer I'm hunting become "modern" therefore making it to where modern equipment is required to kill him? I mean I am shooting carbon arrows, those are pretty modern I'd say? This bucks never been in a pen, he's never had "rack master ***L" supplement put in front of him to eat nor has he been fed supplemental protein every day of his life. He's just an ol buck that lives way back in the middle of a bois de'ark thicket surrounded by swamp and cotton mouths that hasn't changed one bit since I started hunting it 18 years ago. Heck, there ain't even any cell signal down there! So since he has not been subjected to any of the above modern amenities that deer have now, does this exclude him from being a modern deer, therefore, making it ethical for me to shoot him with my Indian Stick just like my family has done for many generations before me?
                    According to it's Governor's Office, The Chickasaw Nation is proud of your many archery achievements and grateful for your work in helping them stay healthy as a pharmacist at the Tishomingo Clinic! So shoot whatever kind of equipment you want!

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                      Been 2 days. Will comment tomorrow on your replies. It really boils down to modern deer and modern equipment verses 1500's gear. This deer limped around for 4ish months and may still have a broad head lodged in its shoulder. This blows on a bunch of levels.
                      Reminds me of a member on my lease that told me of a member shooting deer with a 9mm carbine. Most of the critters he shot ran away.
                      No excuses - use modern equipment on modern deer.................
                      And by doing so take much of what "hunting" is all about out of the equation for many of us, not wounding im referring to, but hunting with this 1500's gear. Reminds me of some friends that hunt trophy deer on a 500 acre ranch from a 2 story elevated blind in Llano, TX. They use high power rifles with high power scopes, 360 degress of 500yd killability. They brag that they dont shoot under feeders. They personally know and name every deer each year then decides who shoots what. These guys are in their 60's and brag they have never lost a deer.

Im not convinced theyve ever actually "hunted."

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        Waiting to find out what a modern deer is.... pretty sure the deer I hunt haven't changed near as fast as archery equipment has in the past oh... 40 years.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Modern deer are now made of Kevlar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A bit of closure

Originally posted by 240m3srt View Post
                          And by doing so take much of what "hunting" is all about out of the equation for many of us, not wounding im referring to, but hunting with this 1500's gear. Reminds me of some friends that hunt trophy deer on a 500 acre ranch from a 2 story elevated blind in Llano, TX. They use high power rifles with high power scopes, 360 degress of 500yd killability. They brag that they dont shoot under feeders. They personally know and name every deer each year then decides who shoots what. These guys are in their 60's and brag they have never lost a deer.

Im not convinced theyve ever actually "hunted."

There's nothing wrong with their type of hunting either much like this traditional hunt.

Comment

Working...
                          X