No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. you just park at the end of the road just east of the water treatment plant. Then walk for 40 minutes LOL You can also boat over from #7

Comment

I guess ill have to head back out there and show you boys how its done!

Comment

Nothing in the PC area Weds evening. Saw two other guys out there also. Was super quiet. Did someone throw a party and run them off?

That was A LOT of walking to see/hear nothing LOL.. Usually I at least hear them right at dark but not this time.

Let me know if you have better luck Crod.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryBowHunter View Post
          I guess ill have to head back out there and show you boys how its done!
          Shut up show off. I will out shoot you this weekend.

Comment

Anybody goin tomorrow? May meet up with ya. Let me know.

Comment

I may go out there this weekend....aint heard of anybody seeing or hearing anything much anymore....

Comment

Went to PC today, long hike! 3 miles to PC, found a bit short cut but still long hiking. Trail disappear at 1.4 miles somewhere, then went back. Not sure if anyone went all the way to PC. Not sure if anyone know any spot closer to PC... Not sure if it is really worth the long hike after a kill, because it would mean a long haul to truck.

Went to Gate #7 afterward, the place was overrun by cows! Hate these cows, clear sign that hogs aren't around as they feel "safe" to be around there. Saw a nice buck, at least 6 points, I think!

Comment

Been watching the thread to see how you guys are doing out at granger. I havn't been in over a month, but have been wanting to go out. Thought I would post some pics from some of the hogs I have taken out there in the past, since I know that pics are great and keep a thread alive. This also lets people know that THERE ARE HOGS AT GRANGER! I would like to meet up with some of you guys some time and maybe stick a pig or two.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, on my very first trip to Granger, I saw 2 hogs around 8AM. Then after that trip, never seen one since then. Go figure... I know that there are hogs somewhere but.... maybe I am being too noisy since there are so many dry bloodweeds snapping everywhere I step. Can't wait for them to be gone so I can go around more quietly. Sheesh! That goes the same for these stupid cows...they ought to be gone! LOL

Comment

Saw 85 last year at the GRXH, did not make it this year. All those hogs were at a fast trot or gallop. I'm thinking that finding a spot near a fence crossing and spending the day might be a better idea. If I could make more frequent trips I'd probably find a decent spot and put nasty black corn mush down. Then hunt it each time. Corn, water and beer after about 3-4 weeks is some of the nastiest stuff on the face of the earth, but hogs love it.

Comment

Well I decided to hunt #6 friday night instead of the PC. I didn't want to get home any later than I had to. Went southwest of the parking area, saw one and got busted up by a group of cows moving through. Moved a 1/2 mile to the east and got on a group in the bloodweeds (which are partly blown down from the wind, u can actually see a good ways in them) Saw a good spotted pig moving through, I don't think they realize they can be seen now. Had the rest of a group of about 15 move through the weeds and hang up in th middle till dark. I left with no shot. Got to Whataburger, looked at my left sleeve and found another tick climbing up my arm. Be careful

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                          Well I decided to hunt #6 friday night instead of the PC. I didn't want to get home any later than I had to. Went southwest of the parking area, saw one and got busted up by a group of cows moving through. Moved a 1/2 mile to the east and got on a group in the bloodweeds (which are partly blown down from the wind, u can actually see a good ways in them) Saw a good spotted pig moving through, I don't think they realize they can be seen now. Had the rest of a group of about 15 move through the weeds and hang up in th middle till dark. I left with no shot. Got to Whataburger, looked at my left sleeve and found another tick climbing up my arm. Be careful
                          Dang chris them ticks are attracted to you....must be that brute you got on going into the woods...lmao...jking bro...good to hear you got on some pigs....

Comment

I was thinking about Gate #6 last friday after PC. I was thinking of both gate #6 and #7 so I went with #7 since I burned some times already. Reason for gate #6, I know one spot with feeder. Should had gone there first... oh well....

Saw a nice 6+ pointers buck OY, got ticks on me, too! First one crawled up my neck as I felt something funny. So I grabbed my neck and felt something funny and grabbed it off. Realized that it is a tick. Then today, I went to my truck and reading my magazine during my break from work. Felt something again up my neck so I grabbed it. Another tick! Guess it hitched a ride in my truck so I cleaned my truck and searched for more ticks. Seem that I don't have more ticks at all... **** ticks... I kept this one alive so I can send it to TWPD lab for disease control.

Comment

Those pics were BEFORE Hillcountrybowhunter started hunting Granger because now...

There are no pigs at Granger.

I went for a super long hike and saw one group but could not get close enough for a shot. Not worth the trip. I may try again once or twice before giving up until next winter. Too many ticks!! Had a big one crawling up my neck. I do not want to get into a nest of baby ones.

Comment

Spray some DEET on your legs and that will help with ticks. Use the wind and it should not affect hog sightings. I need to get my canoe on the river.

Comment

Working...
                                X