No announcement yet.

Living the Dream in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a beautiful place you have. 360 acres is a good amount of land as well, enough to manage your local deer herd if your neighbors don't do too much damage. Everything you've shown looks outstanding and I am very happy for you. The more I see of these Oklahoma ranches and the prices they advertise (vs. Texas land prices) the more I think about buying a place there. Thanks so much for whetting my appetite for having something like you have.

Are there any disadvantages to owning land like this in OK vs. Texas? Assuming you don't live there full time (state income tax, etc).

Comment

Two great deer you and your daughter killed......

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        What a beautiful place you have. 360 acres is a good amount of land as well, enough to manage your local deer herd if your neighbors don't do too much damage. Everything you've shown looks outstanding and I am very happy for you. The more I see of these Oklahoma ranches and the prices they advertise (vs. Texas land prices) the more I think about buying a place there. Thanks so much for whetting my appetite for having something like you have.

Are there any disadvantages to owning land like this in OK vs. Texas? Assuming you don't live there full time (state income tax, etc).
        The acreage of the place is just right to enjoy without working yourself to death. I am looking to expand this year just because I don't anymore neighbors. Current neighbors are pretty much harmless as far as killing too many animals. Not that they are management minded they just don't hunt much. Only rifle season and that very short season.
        Not many down falls for out of state landowner. One is you still are considered a non resident so the license is higher. Two is have someone look after your place. I am fortunate my neighbor keeps a sharp eye out for me.
        Taxes are dirt cheap. No ag exempt needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          Two great deer you and your daughter killed......

Rwc
          Thanks. It was a great year. Lots of great up and coming bucks this year.

Comment

what kind of oaks are those smaller oak tress in the bottoms?

Comment

Niiiiiiice!!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                what kind of oaks are those smaller oak tress in the bottoms?
                Mostly all post oaks

Comment

Living the Dream in Oklahoma

Place is looking great. It’s about time somebody started fixin’er up! [emoji6]

With the expanded plots and protein flowing you should be able to maximize what this place can do. Looking forward to following along.

p.s. If the bridge washes out I’ve got a 20’ shipping container that you could turn into a bridge!

Thanks for sharing.
                  Last edited by Booner Sooner; 04-16-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Couple of fat pregnant does. Should be dropping those fawns any day now.

Comment

Protein feeder is working like a champ John! Love it! See you soon at the seminar

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                        Protein feeder is working like a champ John! Love it! See you soon at the seminar
                        Protein feeders are working out well..i won't make this seminar. Too many irons in the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
                          Protein feeders are working out well..i won't make this seminar. Too many irons in the fire.

I can certainly relate to that! Let me know we you come back up

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                            I can certainly relate to that! Let me know we you come back up
                            I will be up next Friday to hopefully plant the food plots. Rain has put me behind schedule.

Comment

Sweet place!! congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by brains View Post
                                Sweet place!! congrats!!
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X