No announcement yet.

Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don’t claim your daughter then she can get grants and financial aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With Trumps new tax laws, you most liked dropped brackets is why you dont owe as much.

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
      I keep trying to figure this tax stuff out and it just ****** me off to hi helll. Last yr we paid 1600. This yr we are getting 29 dollars back. Whooooooooooo

Our youngest goes to UTSA. She doesn't qualify for nothing, due to our income? Yeah I'm talking NO Grants.We pay cash for all her tuition etc

Oldest is out and on her own. My wife and I barley break 6 figures. Cops pay and teachers pay so yeah no joke.

Whatever happen to the middle class income return with a bit of help from what we have put in? BTW the 29 is still not free. Wife paid 50 to do the taxes, so yea still 21 in the hole.

If we are doing something wrong please tell me. I would love to see a lil bit at the end of the yr.

Comment

This is a possible candidate for dumbest thread for 2019. Long way to go yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I long for the day where we live in a world where folks can understand that a tax refund is not a bonus. It means you paid in too much in the first place. No reason to give Uncle Sam a free loan on your money all year. You should set your withholdings up accordingly so you don't get a refund. Put that money in the bank all year.

As long as I don't have to pay, I am happy.
          But for millions of Americans it is just that, a bonus, or another form of welfare I suppose. With child tax credits & the earned income credit, millions of people get more money than they paid in back. Pay in $2000 throughout the year in withholding, get a $6,000 refund because you have 3 kids and don't make much money. Merica!

Comment

Taxes while maybe not many will face this situation there is a TAX PENALTY called Windfall Elimination Tax and it hits you at 85% and at 85% it will certainly take your breath away. This was my first year to experience this pentaly.

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post

not quite that simple. Dependency status for federal student aid purposes is not the same as dependency status for federal income tax purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                This is a possible candidate for dumbest thread for 2019. Long way to go yet though.
                x2

I wish some of these folks would educate themselves a little better. You'd think they would know where THEIR OWN $ is going.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  But for millions of Americans it is just that, a bonus, or another form of welfare I suppose. With child tax credits & the earned income credit, millions of people get more money than they paid in back. Pay in $2000 throughout the year in withholding, get a $6,000 refund because you have 3 kids and don't make much money. Merica!
                  Exactly, know a few people that do just this.

Comment

You pay taxes?

Comment

The more tax threads I read on TBH the more I see the need for a basic personal finance class to be taught in schools.

Comment

My brother-in-law's baby mama has 4 kids from 4 different men. They all have to pay her child support. She works like 20 hours a week when she feels like it and always gets a few grand back on her tax return, which she promptly spends wisely on things like concert tickets. 100% certain she is already teaching her daughters that babies are paychecks.

Just listening to her talk makes my skin crawl.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

Which is exactly why I said I long for the day.....

No kids here so I'm stuck with adjusting my withholdings..
                          Last edited by Smart; 02-12-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Maybe I am wrong but I dang sure like my taxes this year compared to last year. I paid around $2000 last year and this year i will get back a little over $120. No change in income to speak of this year compared to last year. $2000+ tax break this year
                            (I like it!!)

Comment

Ask a simple question. Get a bunch of dik wad respones? SMH

MERICA

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post

In order to do that before they are a certain age you have to meet a few requirements, 99% of college kids don’t meet them.

Comment

Working...
                                X