Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunting in San Antonio

Good Morning y'all,

There are two APH lands in San Antonio that allow Dove hunting.

Somerset Road (Unit #2469) and Lone Star Pass (Unit #2470)

Has anyone been out there? What is the hunting like out there. I am thinking of hitting 2470 first because it has the creek on the north side. I have attached a google map with (A) as Somerset and (B) as Lone Star.

Any advise?

http://goo.gl/maps/QRjZM

Here is the TPWD map

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt.../2469_2470.pdf

Comment

Those areas of public land are for the first split of dove season. But when it is legal to hunt, I found somerset rd to be more productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond07 View Post
        Those areas of public land are for the first split of dove season. But when it is legal to hunt, I found somerset rd to be more productive.
        That is great to know. I didn't see that !! And I just left the TPWD office and told them I was headed out there this weekend. ITS A SET UP!!! (I kid I kid)

Thank you for the info

Comment

Is there anywhere around San Antonio that is open for late season?

Comment

ttt

Comment

I guess not??

Comment

None of the public hunt areas are open the second half of the split as far as I know, think probably tpw only lease from landowners first half..a lot of the places are deer hunted the second half.

Comment

James Daughtrey down by Three Rivers is probably the closest public land for late-season dove hunting.

Comment

I'm just trying to reach 15 post to activate all user functions.

On a dove hunting note,
                    I hardly saw any, this past season, while it in the country. However, my freaking neighborhood is full of them. Can I hunt dove with a sling shot in the Austin city limits? Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X