No announcement yet.

I have a new goal in life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, for everyone that wants to, that can't, we should start a TBH dunk contest. We have the biggest loser, how about the first dunker. It would easier for others than some, so I don't know how you could put people into different categories to make it even. Maybe a height/weight ratio?
    I kinda wanna say I can dunk a basketball now.

Comment

I have a new goal in life!

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      I could never dunk, but I could lay my wrist over the rim. I'm 40, 6'1.5", and can still do the same thing. My hands were also too small. I could put a volleyball through, but not a basketball.

Watching that made me think of Jordon. I grew up during his career, when the whole world was captivated. The dream team, when Jordons first came out, etc... Them were days. I love Tiger but he didn't have shat on Jordon. I grew up extremely religious, no TV or anything, and even the preachers knew who he was [emoji3].

I can remember sermons, about how kids were choosing athletes as their idols instead of God, and the evils of organized sports [emoji33]. He was one of kind.

That kid got game though, serious game. Got em all scared. You watch some of his fakeouts, and crack up watching those kids trying to guess what he's about do lol.

I’ve got tiny hands and used to grab the net to pull myself up to the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Black Ice; 08-13-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That kid , if he keeps his head straight , is gonna make millions

Comment

Cocky little dude, gotta respect his skillset though

Comment

Nope. Looks exhausting. The NBA ain't gonna be calling me up any time soon. So my life goal is to never be in a situation where I have to run that hard or jump that high.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Nope. Looks exhausting. The NBA ain't gonna be calling me up any time soon. So my life goal is to never be in a situation where I have to run that hard or jump that high.

It’s still fun to test yourself once in a while. At 26 I could throw a collegiate football 62 yards and have someone catch it. Last year after thanksgiving dinner I could barley make 50 yards after several throws.

Comment

At 5’11 as a senior I could dunk pretty good, after I graduated grew to 6’3 and didn’t play again until I was 25 or so and could barely dunk one handed. Like many others my hands were too small I could two hand better than one hand in school. Now at 30 I feel like I would embarrass myself.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing how he stacks up on the next level. He is going to HAVE to focus on the outside game some. He very obviously just out athleted a lot of those highlights. As the natural ability gap shrinks I'm curious to see how good he is. Also he had a decent point gaurd from what I saw, that can make or break a 3s game.

I'll watch for him this year though fun player to watch and kids got SPRINGS in his shoes
                  Last edited by catslayer; 08-14-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Lot of guys with little hands here.

Comment

I started small and was able to dunk a ball the size of a cantaloupe and tried moving up to a soccer ball but couldn’t put it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        It’s still fun to test yourself once in a while. At 26 I could throw a collegiate football 62 yards and have someone catch it. Last year after thanksgiving dinner I could barley make 50 yards after several throws.

I believe you still can do it. You should have tried it before Thanksgiving dinner. That always makes people less athletic.

Comment

Working...
                        X