Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
    Dear green diary ,

Today was the hardest day .. (tears soak the keyboard)....
    Guess I know who did get awarded that job......

Comment

Ryan Ford in Sealy, good mom and pop dealership with good people. Will be doing business with them only going forward. Best customer service I have ever had and very speedy which is a big deal to me when buying vehicles.

Comment

Need a New Ford Dealership

I don't buy Fords, but all of my in-laws from Louisiana to OKC, to here in north Texas buy theirs from Covert. They'll deliver it to OKC and drive the trade in back to Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Guess I know who did get awarded that job......
          Oh lawd .

2 points for bein a good sport .

You got my vote for the next job.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I don't buy Fords, but all of my in-laws from Louisiana to OKC, to here in north Texas buy theirs from Covert. They'll deliver it to OKC and drive the trade in back to Austin.

Prius, huh?

Comment

I typically buy a few work trucks a year. Probably average about 8 per year. Some years more, some years less. Some are XL and some are Lariat. Some are F150 and some are F250...a few F350-F550 over the years. I've been a loyal customer to the same Ford store for many years. I don't shop price. I don't compare prices. I call and tell them what I want and I expect to get a fair price and I expect great service. I'm familiar and friendly with the sales manager, the service manager and the owner himself. I'm loyal.

Recently, my Ford store decided to expand their parking area. Well, I'm a contractor that does earthwork, utilities and concrete. I literally build parking lots everyday. They know this. Right up my alley, right? Except I don't get a phone call. I don't get a set of plans to look over. Nothing. I got a call from someone that works there that I should call and see if I could bid it. I went through the process only to learn that the job had been awarded BEFORE I even looked at it.

I work in a tough, cut-throat industry. I'm a tough competitor myself. I'm not afraid of competition because it keeps us sharp. However, I'm VERY loyal to my suppliers and vendors. I'm honest to a fault and I expect the same in return. They were under no obligation to let me do their project, but I'm under no obligation to buy all my trucks there either. It's simply time to part ways. I hope their local-yokel contractor turns out to be a good customer for them. I ain't bitter, but I am vengeful.

So, whattaya got? Recommend me a Ford house that wouldn't mind some new business. No fancy showroom places. No Planet Fords or Megaplex AutoTowns. I'm looking for good ole boys that want to sell trucks. For service reasons it needs to be within 100miles of Houston.
              Do you really think FORD doesn't touch bases with people even more important than you? It was probably a corporate decision. I can guarantee if any of the other Ford dealerships mentioned here needed to be expanded there would be a ton of corporate and other factors that go into that decision. Don't punish that Dealership because of this.

Comment

Ignore NJ, and go with a Toyota!!!

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                  Covert Ford in Austin. Family owned and operated. Good people, they sell and deliver all over the state.
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                    Do you really think FORD doesn't touch bases with people even more important than you? It was probably a corporate decision. I can guarantee if any of the other Ford dealerships mentioned here needed to be expanded there would be a ton of corporate and other factors that go into that decision. Don't punish that Dealership because of this.
                    This could be true if you knew what you were talking about. But you don't in this case. Yes, FORD deals with people much larger than me. This dealership doesn't....at least not in my trade. It was not a corporate decision. That's a stupid assumption. Corporate gives direction on fit and finish of building and certain shop requirements and not much else. I know this because I was very close to purchasing an existing dealership that was going to need to be rebuilt. They certainly don't dictate what contractor is chosen for a parking lot expansion that is independently owned. I've been involved in the building of a few. I laid it out exactly as it went down. I didn't embellish. I'm well aware of the facts. But thanks. BTW....do you know of a good dealership?

Comment

Maybe the owner of the dealership has a friend in the business or something. Try Sour Lake Ford maybe.

Comment

Curt, I for sure ain't no Randall Reed fan either! I drive lease vehicles and my leasing company delivered my last truck to them in Humble... The fleet manager was a good guy, but There's no way I'd EVER buy a vehicle there nor take one in to that service department!
                        You tried Anderson Ford? They're right up the road... Cleveland family and been around for years... Sure see a lot of their trucks round the area, but have NO personal experience with them.

Comment

This could be true if you knew what you were talking about. But you don't in this case. Yes, FORD deals with people much larger than me. This dealership doesn't....at least not in my trade. It was not a corporate decision. That's a stupid assumption. Corporate gives direction on fit and finish of building and certain shop requirements and not much else. I know this because I was very close to purchasing an existing dealership that was going to need to be rebuilt. They certainly don't dictate what contractor is chosen for a parking lot expansion that is independently owned. I've been involved in the building of a few. I laid it out exactly as it went down. I didn't embellish. I'm well aware of the facts. But thanks. BTW....do you know of a good dealership?
                          Dilly Dilly!

Mcree Ford in League City!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post

Yeah, that's just....no. Screw them, that's poor business.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Henson in Madisoville. Great folks there.

X2
                              Leon will set you up.

Comment

Need a New Ford Dealership

Prius, huh?

I was being nice, smartass. I didn't even say a word about 2nd rate vehicles coming from 2nd rate dealerships....I bet they picked a contractor who runs Chevrolets so the work would actually get done and they wouldn't wind up with all your trucks clogging up the service dept.

I didn't mention any of that...[emoji16]

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-25-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X