AR restriction question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
    not to sound like a moron and will gladly accept any hazing (no snowflake here lol) what does MLD mean?

It's a great question by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
      Is there any work around for the antler restrictions? I’ve had one buck showing up for a couple years now with a full rack on one side and a split spike on the other. Don’t really want him out breeding again this year and was wondering if there is sometime I could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Year before last I had the same question in my mind. Same antler configuration, four on one side, goofy looking fork on the other. Sent a pic to the warden and he said no. Obviously a mature buck, five or older.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Year before last I had the same question in my mind. Same antler configuration, four on one side, goofy looking fork on the other. Sent a pic to the warden and he said no. Obviously a mature buck, five or older.

Good to know, he’s a big bodied old buck. If one side matched the other he would easily be 20” wide and a 12 but such is luck I guess

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          It's a great question by the way.
          This is what Michael was talking about [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

If he had a full rack he would be a nice deer but his left side has been a spike with almost a 3 inch split every year so far

Sorry, I mistook Black Ice’s pics for your deer. It sucks for sure, I hunt in a AR county also and have a 4yo that is wide on the right and his left barely curves at all leaving him in that maybe range. Too close for me to shoot him.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
              If it has a full rack on one side and a split spike on the other, I doubt that is from genetics but from some kind of injury.
              +1

Big pig

Comment

Apparently if you shoot an undersized deer the warden cuts the deers head off and takes it! Gives your kid a shed antler and let’s you keep the meat lol ! Funny how the law is sometimes lol !

Comment

Good to know, he’s a big bodied old buck. If one side matched the other he would easily be 20” wide and a 12 but such is luck I guess

Well if he had a full rack, he would probably be dead two years ago. Just enjoy being able to watch a mature deer and seeing what a deer can do in the area with age (his good side).

Comment

Working...
                  X