Public land public service announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public land public service announcement

Don't use surveyors tape. You are not surveying anything. It makes the woods look ugly and it broadcasts your position needlessly.

None of our forests have any areas further than a half mile away from at least a closed logging road. You can't get lost for long.

If you need to find your stand in the dark buy a cell phone GPS app and put a reflector on your stand.

AMEN.

found a real, real nice 2 person stand yesterday. might as well just put flashing lights on it with all the tape leading to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
      Don't use surveyors tape. You are not surveying anything. It makes the woods look ugly and it broadcasts your position needlessly.

None of our forests have any areas further than a half mile away from at least a closed logging road. You can't get lost for long. [emoji14]

If you need to find your stand in the dark buy a cell phone GPS app and put a reflector on your stand.
      100% agree... I tear the stuff down every time i run across it, nothing more than common littering IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        AMEN.

found a real, real nice 2 person stand yesterday. might as well just put flashing lights on it with all the tape leading to it.
        Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
        100% agree... I tear the stuff down every time i run across it, nothing more than common littering IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        I didn't figure it was TBH'ers doing it anyway but just thought I would share! Lol

I'm glad y'all think the same I do.

Comment

Don't touch another man's flagging tape!

Unless you plan on relocating it to another trail to totally confuse him the next time he tries to use it.

Comment

I use GPS specifically to avoid people following flagging tape to my stand. Public land hunting is supposed to be hard. I'm certainly not going to make it easier on the other guy by doing his homework for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
              Don't touch another man's flagging tape!

Unless you plan on relocating it to another trail to totally confuse him the next time he tries to use it.
              So that's why I got lost and confused at the GV.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
                I use GPS specifically to avoid people following flagging tape to my stand. Public land hunting is supposed to be hard. I'm certainly not going to make it easier on the other guy by doing his homework for him.
                Exactly, I mean what are they thinking?

Comment

From 2 to 5 years old my dad would let stuff every pocket I had full. I was fascinated with it. I had every color, stripes long ways, stripes cross ways, reflective, ect. I didn't realize what I was doing till I started hunting public hard around 16, now I wish there were little kids like me running around ripping that crap down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                    From 2 to 5 years old my dad would let stuff every pocket I had full. I was fascinated with it. I had every color, stripes long ways, stripes cross ways, reflective, ect. I didn't realize what I was doing till I started hunting public hard around 16, now I wish there were little kids like me running around ripping that crap down.

First sentence is confusing as a monkey with a crossword puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                      First sentence is confusing as a monkey with a crossword puzzle.
                      Starting at 2 years of age through 5 years of age, my dad would let me stuff my pockets full of surveying tape that came from public land. Better? Now read it again lol

Comment

Man amen! The public grounds I hit via boat are loaded with reflective tacks. It lights up like Christmas in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                          Man amen! The public grounds I hit via boat are loaded with reflective tacks. It lights up like Christmas in the dark.
                          and those ain't mine!

Comment

I don't use flagging tape and believe that I will only show other my hunting spot but if someone else uses it I leave it alone, pulling down there tape could cause problems for them possibly put them in danger because they cant find there stand or find there way out of the bush.

Public land is for everyone not just the seasoned hunter and they will learn just like we did.
                            Last edited by nimrodtracy; 10-12-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
                              I don't use flagging tape and believe that I will only show other my hunting spot but if someone else uses it I leave it alone, pulling down there tape could cause problems for them possibly put them in danger because they cant find there stand or find there way out of the bush.

Public land is for everyone not just the seasoned hunter and they will learn just like we did.
                              Sometimes I pull it down some time I don't.

If someone can't find there way out of the 'bush' 90 yards from a two track logging road, they have some problems flagging tape won't solve.

Comment

Working...
                              X