Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did yoakam, matador, and east lake

Comment

I drew gun deer antlerless/spike at Fort Boggy so far. I drew the archery hunt there last year. It's a cool place to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
        For the national wildlife refuge hunts I wish it was the way it used to be. They were not on this system. There were 600 slots and it was first come first serve. You could put in for it via mail or in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
        I agree with you, we don't put in for any of the NWR's except for H and thank God its not in this system. Wish they would take granger out as well, needs to be if you want a chance at a permit show up for the lotto on Sept. 29th shortly to be followed by orientation. You would separate the posers from the hard core guys... all the snowflakes these days want their permits easy-peasy on a silver platter.
        Last edited by bossbowman; 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          I agree with you, we don't put in for any of the NWR's except for H and thank God its not in this system. Wish they would take granger out as well, needs to be if you want a chance at a permit show up for the lotto on Sept. 29th shortly to be followed by orientation. You would separate the posers from the hard core guys... all the snowflakes these days want their permits easy-peasy on a silver platter.
          Where is the H?

Comment

Where is the H?

Around G and I. First rule of fight club...

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
              Around G and I. First rule of fight club...
              LOL

Comment

Where is the H?

Hawaii

Comment

I put in for more than I ever did.
                  Maxed out loyalty points in Archery mule deer and me and my Council, ID buddy got AMD at Black Gap WMA. My third draw in 12 years of doing this thing. Bought my permit to go today. Gonna be a hard hunt. Still have many gun hunts to wait on.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                    Drew Gus Engeling, Nannie Stringfellow and THE CHAP!

Congrats on drawing Chaparral, I drew that one last year. Did not kill a deer but that is an amazing ranch. I have not heard anything good about Gus Engeling though, so if I had to pick between any of them I would cancel that one .

Comment

Originally posted by Wackmaster View Post
                      Congrats on drawing Chaparral, I drew that one last year. Did not kill a deer but that is an amazing ranch. I have not heard anything good about Gus Engeling though, so if I had to pick between any of them I would cancel that one .
                      I plan on attending all 3, plus whatever else I get drawn on for NWRs and Gun hunts. The winky face makes me sense a bit of sarcasm about Gus Engeling. I'll have to get to researching it

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterG View Post
                        Maxed out loyalty points in Archery mule deer and me and my Council, ID buddy got AMD at Black Gap WMA. My third draw in 12 years of doing this thing. Bought my permit to go today. Gonna be a hard hunt. Still have many gun hunts to wait on.
                        I got drawn for AMD (Oct) at Black Gap, as well. Are you Oct. or Nov? I'm really excited- tough hunt but awesome country and we caught a good moon this year. Talked to Will, the biologist out there on Monday, and he said good late rains have range conditions in good shape but going to make hunting guzzlers tougher. The good news is deer herd is in great shape (antlers and body size) and numbers are up over the past few years. Would love to talk to someone who has done this hunt in the past year or two. Will said deer have been shot with bows the past few years, so it is doable.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterG View Post
                          What does this mean?

Good luck at Black Gap. That's an awesome place with beautiful, remote, and rough country.

Comment

Devils River Dan Allen Unit

I was drawn with my son this year to guide him... anyone have info??

my son and I were drawn for Gun Deer Either sex and exotics in December. Its a youth hunt so I have to guide him and am looking for tips... where they feed normally and bed... canyons or on the mesa tops... also what you did to make your hunt successful. Appreciate any help... Thank you.

jack

Comment

Originally posted by medic1042 View Post
                              I was drawn with my son this year to guide him... anyone have info??

my son and I were drawn for Gun Deer Either sex and exotics in December. Its a youth hunt so I have to guide him and am looking for tips... where they feed normally and bed... canyons or on the mesa tops... also what you did to make your hunt successful. Appreciate any help... Thank you.

jack
                              Drawn for which place?

Comment

its above my post in subject

Dan Allen Hughes - Devils River ( NOT Del Norte )

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X