Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    From what I've heard some companies really did screw guys over by adjusting pay periods and even just not paying over certain amounts of overtime though. Those guys deserve their pay as they were already hourly

I'm sure those things happened and I'm sure there's another side to those stories as well! I've been behind on payroll a few times! Sucks for everyone and we hated to be in that position! This is a tough business and will humble the toughest SOB out there!

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    Should we still have to disclose it even if were salaried employees that made a job bonus. We weren't on day rates or anything of that nature. My company offered the "pay off" to all of us in my line of work, even the managers/supervisors. It came as a surprise to all of us and we were instructed it would be good if we took it. Def wasn't much more than one months pay.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the situation. I don't know your deal I was just basing my feelings based on your comments about dragging arse not doing your job trying to get fired or laid off! Not cool no matter what the situation and makes you no different than the company you speak of not giving you notice IMO... I'm sure you are a great guy but those comments struck me wrong as a business owner in this industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
      I'm sure those things happened and I'm sure there's another side to those stories as well! I've been behind on payroll a few times! Sucks for everyone and we hated to be in that position! This is a tough business and will humble the toughest SOB out there!

I'm sure there are exceptions to the situation. I don't know your deal I was just basing my feelings based on your comments about dragging arse not doing your job trying to get fired or laid off! Not cool no matter what the situation and makes you no different than the company you speak of not giving you notice IMO... I'm sure you are a great guy but those comments struck me wrong as a business owner in this industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yea I msure there are too. I can say that not one of the guys I work with would ever sue the company for some BS like that. Well maybe 1 guy but he's full of crap. None the less, I see how these type things can ruin a company. Especially the smaller ones. I figured my comments would not come off well but it's the truth. I got no problem being honest. I've had discussion with my superiors about how ****** off I was and everyone else. All they could of was say I know. It didn't make much crap to them bc they didn't get affected like us but it was just a hard pill to swallow. Now I can sit here and say I'm glad I finally got over it and realized there's more to it then just sulking. Some guys haven't and never will. Man I feel for anybody that owns a business in this industry. I don't think I could. It's volatile and there's so many bad apples out there that are just in it to screw you over. I see more and more of it now that I'm up the ladder a little bit. I got peesed off everyday about something bc of someone else. If I were the owner I'd probably lose my marbles. More power to ya bud for hanging I there.

I hope this thing turns around soon and everybody can get back to working.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        Yea I msure there are too. I can say that not one of the guys I work with would ever sue the company for some BS like that. Well maybe 1 guy but he's full of crap. None the less, I see how these type things can ruin a company. Especially the smaller ones. I figured my comments would not come off well but it's the truth. I got no problem being honest. I've had discussion with my superiors about how ****** off I was and everyone else. All they could of was say I know. It didn't make much crap to them bc they didn't get affected like us but it was just a hard pill to swallow. Now I can sit here and say I'm glad I finally got over it and realized there's more to it then just sulking. Some guys haven't and never will. Man I feel for anybody that owns a business in this industry. I don't think I could. It's volatile and there's so many bad apples out there that are just in it to screw you over. I see more and more of it now that I'm up the ladder a little bit. I got peesed off everyday about something bc of someone else. If I were the owner I'd probably lose my marbles. More power to ya bud for hanging I there.

I hope this thing turns around soon and everybody can get back to working.
        Amen! I work in the lawn and landscape field, and have people try to file for injuries all the time, and it's the guys that I train, and they do the bare minimum, but don't excel, and then get "injured," before you fire them.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Times have got a little slow but not bad
          Nice...is that a 67??

I'm looking at a bit more modern one myself...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Nice...is that a 67??

I'm looking at a bit more modern one myself...
            '68

Eventually it will have the modern power plant in it though.

Comment

Nice...pretty excited about owning my first real muscle car.

Let's hope 2017 pans out like expected!!

Comment

'67 Camaro has vent windows.
                '68-'69 does not.
                '69 has three fake louvres in front of rear fender well.

There are other differences (tailights, etc) but that is the easiest for most folks to spot.

Comment

69 has different body lines.

Comment

2017 has a 10 speed automatic & 650HP/650 Torque...

There was an article not long ago of a 69 ZL1 that sold for $1mm...crazy
                    Last edited by Artos; 12-10-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I work for a directional company that started going hourly in the Spring of 14. I was a coordinator then and it was pretty brutal explaining to these guys that their day rate and salary was a thing of the past. Even our lowest paid guys were guaranteed $2600 dollars a month, even if they never stepped foot on a rig for that month. You have to work alot of hours just to make up for what you used to be guaranteed.(Especially when you start talking about senior guys that had pretty decent guaranteed salaries). Now if you don't work any in a 2 week pay period you actually "owe" the company money for covering your insurance premiums.

I did not participate in the lawsuit we had because I didn't think it was right. I knew what I signed up for when I first signed on and was perfectly fine with the day rate system. Now that I'm back in the field I definitely miss the good ol' days of day rate, salary and truck allowance.

However the timing for these directional companies having these law suits come up could not have been any worse. Of course these labor law lawsuits started popping up right when the down turn was really kicking in. You have guys that just lost their job,are struggling to make ends meet and fighting to find a decent paying job to just stay afloat. Well they go out to their mailbox one day and here is a letter stating they are due unpaid overtime and backpay........ Do the math and you'll see why lots of guys jumped on board.

It's a bad deal anyway you look at it. I sure am glad I was able to stay working through it all. We are actually short handed right now so it looks like it's turning around fellas'

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                        Yep! We're going hourly in January. It's bull crap!
                        We have already gone hourly.

Comment

How is it looking out there? We are looking at a serious rough patch here here I work. Was really hoping things would start turning around quick.

Comment

My product line is going strong and we have added several new customers with several waiting to kick off the new year. Gonna be good as long as my guys want to work and I can hire a couple people.
                            Unfortunately did get work today WFT is laying off 5k world wide, 2k of which are domestic. 1200 are Frac employees and the other 800 no one knows yet. So gonna be some long worrisome days ahead for a while.

Comment

I quit my oil field job right before Christmas and landed a job with the same pay where I am home every night. I will miss the oilfield, but I won't miss it too terribly bad. I figured if I didn't get out while it was slow I was never going to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
                                We have already gone hourly.
                                Yay! Just found out we're not doing hourly anyway. Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X