257wby Bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I’d like to know how you got the bullet that close to the lands. When doing load development for mine, the bullet would fall out of the case mouth before reaching the lands.

Still is a 1/4” gun with factory loads so I don’t worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In my Weatherby that may be the case but not in my Remington 700.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
      In my Weatherby that may be the case but not in my Remington 700.

Mine is a custom build on a 700 pattern action. Makes me wonder if they are using a reamer that doesn’t meet Weatherby/SAAMI dimensions.

All Weatherby chambers are known to have a lot of freebies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
        Got it figured out yet? Lol
        Yea basically if it comes out of a 257wby at 200yds or less they fall where they were standing haha. Radar was nice enough to send me 50 115vlds so will try those out. Still have some factory Accubonds and spires also

Comment

What gun you shooting out of bud? Got a 257 cdl that shoots factory accubonds well. Haven’t reloaded for this one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            What gun you shooting out of bud? Got a 257 cdl that shoots factory accubonds well. Haven’t reloaded for this one yet.
            WBY Mark V deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Yea basically if it comes out of a 257wby at 200yds or less they fall where they were standing haha. Radar was nice enough to send me 50 115vlds so will try those out. Still have some factory Accubonds and spires also
              Good luck in Mexico.

Comment

Love the mark v’s...let me know what load works best.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  Especially if you shoot them in the head or neck.

Comment

I’ve had great luck with the 110 Accubonds out of my 25-06s. I used them for all my culling and whitetail sized stuff the last two years and they are awesome. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t do as good or better out of a 257 wby.

Comment

Working...
                    X