Bow Blind Front Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
    I've been skimming the bow blind builds on here for a week or so now and I've noticed a lot of people do the semi-octagon build in the front with three windows, however, I've also seen a few guys that just do a flat front with 3-4 vertical windows....

So what says it green screen, better to have the semi-octagon or will flat front work just as well?

I'm thinking about building a box blind as one of the spots I have has a terrible swirling wind and deer diverge on this feeder from all angles so I'm hoping a box blind will knock down my scent a little more. I really only have one angle to shoot from where I would put the blind which is straight out front to the feeder so I'm thinking I could get away with the flat front and 3-4 windows.
    I'm going with a 3 sided, hex-style front on the blinds I'm gonna build.

6' wide (for her viewing pleasure) x 5' deep with a 3 sided front so it'll actually be closer to 6'x6' max dimensions.

I'll help you build this rig if you'll help me build mine! Still thinking I'm going to try metal studs, skin it with some R-panel or thin sheet that's not already broke, then haul it to a job site and have closed cell foam sprayed inside to seal it up good. Also thinking about re-purposing my old red trailer to put under one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
      I built mine with the bay window design. To me it gives you a little better field of vision and a larger field of shooting opportunities vs. the standard 4 sided box blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Didn't you skin this blind with some heavy duty rubber? A pool liner or something like that? Are you still happy with it?

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
        If you dont mind me asking,,, where did you find those brackets you have on the legs of that stand? Thanks! Cool stand!
        They are called Elevator Brackets. You can get them many places online. I know Academy sells them too.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
          Didn't you skin this blind with some heavy duty rubber? A pool liner or something like that? Are you still happy with it?
          Yep. Heavy duty Rubber Roofing material. Its still in perfect condition. Water tight, bug-proof.

I plan to build another one just like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
            Yep. Heavy duty Rubber Roofing material. Its still in perfect condition. Water tight, bug-proof.

I plan to build another one just like this one.

Where did you find said material??

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
              Where did you find said material??

I work in the commercial construction field so I have connections with several roofers in Houston. The roofer we had on the last project of mine let me have the roll. Each roll is worth well over $500. 10' wide x 100' long. Not cheap or easy to get unless you know someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X