No announcement yet.

Chaparral WMA - Archery - Jan 2nd - 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to this hunt. Who all is tent camping? What are your favorite compartment that you have hunted?
    I hunted ano nuevo about 10 yrs ago. Passed on a barely legal shooter for a bigger deer I saw. tried to set up on him but never got a shot. No baiting on that hunt. Had a great time but a tough hunt.
    Looks like good weather for that week. Hoping for a little late rut activity.

Comment

I’m still headed that way with RV in tow. Hoping for some decent hunting weather..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sure wish we got drawn this yr, been 4 hrs or so since our last trip.

Comment

Good luck to those on the January hunt. I'll be following along and looking forward to some good reports and success pics. Keep us updated!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Chap fb page has pics of some bucks taken this year. That 170" buck is nice!

Good luck to the January hunters!

Comment

Saw that they are looking for another manager. Wonder what happened to Steve?

never mind... saw the post Steve made on the FB site. going back to east texas for a directors position.
                Last edited by Huntindad; 12-22-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Sure wish we got drawn this yr, been 4 hrs or so since our last trip.
                  WOW 4 years! It took me 20 years to get drawn. Now I'm on 9 years since I was drawn last.

Comment

We drew one of the hunts at chap 4 out of the first 6 yrs we put in. We're very lucky. Feels like it's been 20 yrs since we have been there.

Comment

I'll be there solo and tent camping. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys

Comment

Look forward to getting to meet up at the tent camping site for whoever is will. Hopefully we can share ideas and strategies to get a big buck.

Comment

Tent camping looks miserable boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mid day hunts should be the best with those temps, those stx deer won't like getting out of bed to a 20 morning.
                            Good luck to all

Comment

Hunting compartments have been posted on Facebook.

Comment

Good luck to all the hunters.

Waiting for updates

Comment

Working...
                                X