SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
    I hate those **** crab spiders, **** them, **** them to hell!!!!! That is all.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I was saying the same thing today! I put 12.6 miles on my boots this morning and them **** crab spiders got me every quarter mile it seemed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
      Awesome! My roommate got drawn too so we are 3 for 3 [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Make that 4 for 4!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        Hi y'all, do I know anyone here?

Sorry, busy with work, lawsuit, work, rescues,work, mucking out houses, work and more work. I've only shot my bow once this year ( all bullseye's) so I guess I'll have to make it work. Only scouted once this year, might make one more trip. Can't really get in the mood for some reason.
        Don't know if I got a doe tag as I haven't checked that email in almost a year. ( No clue what the password even is)
        Y'all keep it up. I'll get the bug in a couple of days and make all the effort worth it.

I'll be at my normal lunch spot opening day ( if I'm not skinning a deer again) stop by and say hey.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Only once!? Slacker! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
          Go far away from the road, scout in advance, not after the season starts, and sit late. Granted, if you're gonna hunt it this year you better get some scouting in soon. Oak patches and Creek beds can serve you well if you look in the right places. Some of this info may seem common sense, but you'd be surprised how stupid people can be hunting public land. Disclaimer: I'm no expert, just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
          Thanks

Comment

Wooohoooo, my buddy Mikkel and I both got drawn! Sarge, you're the man, after 7 miles this morning, I was broken...

Highlights for me. 5 rabbit encounters, 2 snakes, and my closest encounter ever with a sounder of hogs at the furthest point away from the truck. There was 10+- hogs, with a couple big ones. I do have my LTC, and had my 45 on my hip, I thought about it, but with over 2.9 miles back to the truck, I just let them eventually walk off.

Zero deer encounters, hog territory, now I know!
            Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 09-16-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Jimmy I would have done the same. I didn't see jack crap today! Sign everywhere, but I'm assuming they heard me coming from a mile away and ran to the next County lol. I was beat and didn't care at all about being quiet

Comment

Sarge -- When Damian and I scout, one of the first things we do is pick up a "spider stick". We look kinda funny waving those sticks around in front of us but it keeps the webs and the spiders off of us!

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                  Sarge -- When Damian and I scout, one of the first things we do is pick up a "spider stick". We look kinda funny waving those sticks around in front of us but it keeps the webs and the spiders off of us!

I normally do the exact same thing! However, the thick crap I was walking through, in order to get to some ridges I wanted to scout, didn't allow for the typical wafting of the ol spider stick lol

Comment

Well the archery opener is just 13 days away, So who's all ready for the opener?

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                      Well the archery opener is just 13 days away, So who's all ready for the opener?

Not me....

Comment

I'm ready

Comment

Scouted last week and set my camera out. Picked it up last friday before i left to kill my axis....

I got 5 bucks 2 of which are mature 3 are legal. All are already workimg a rub and scrape line. One doe coming through. All mid day late evening movement. I reset cam on their feeding area we will see wuats showing up there. Oh yea i also got a 8 point who broke off half his right side already!

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                            Scouted last week and set my camera out. Picked it up last friday before i left to kill my axis....

I got 5 bucks 2 of which are mature 3 are legal. All are already workimg a rub and scrape line. One doe coming through. All mid day late evening movement. I reset cam on their feeding area we will see wuats showing up there. Oh yea i also got a 8 point who broke off half his right side already!
                            Weird he broke of one side already. Maybe during velvet? Too early to start fighting. Unless that was one heck of a spar!

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                              This guy right here.

...Even if I'll be using a boomstick.

Comment

Fingers crossed right now it looks like weather might actually be tolerable next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X