Wild Cattle Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexbowJ View Post
    Hunting cows? What's next......hunting horses and chickens? Seems kinda weird to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

I guess you find no sport in hunting hogs either?

The hogs you hunt are "FERRAL" hogs. This means they were once tame (several generations ago) and have reverted back to a wild state. No difference in these wild cows. It is one thing to go kill farmer Brown's prize bull while he lazily chews his cud under a tree. It is an entirely different situation when a crazed, snot blowin, wild eyed FERRAL cow is trying to stomp your butt in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
      on the Sportsman Channel, the show is Maxium Archery, They are doing this right now
      Must be on Direct I can't find that channel on Dish

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Must be on Direct I can't find that channel on Dish

Cable, Time Warner

Comment

I'm watching maximum archery rite now and they are hunting them. What a trip!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexbowJ View Post
            Hunting cows? What's next......hunting horses and chickens? Seems kinda weird to me. Maybe I'm missing something.
            You are ibet if you tried it you'd change your mind this breed of cattle are extremely dangerous.

Comment

Chicken hunts? Whats wrong with that?

Back in my youth, my grandmother used to get me and my brother to hunt her Banty roosters when there was an over-population. They ran wild over the 20 acre homeplace.

Head shots with .22 were expected. any body shots were criticized.

A big pot of chicken & dumplings were the hunter's reward.

Comment

Originally posted by prkchp View Post
                Go with old reliable...........Whhhooooooaaaaa.....soook..sooo k..soook
                That's what I wanted to say but just didn't know how to spell it

Comment

I know on Robinhoods place if he can't get em stump broke in six months they're considered wild.

Comment

Well everyone shoots rams why not cows to

Comment

I've always wanted to run an arrow through one!

Comment

Went on a wild Watusi hunt at Mesquite Bowhunting. You could drive up to them in the truck, but if you stepped out they high-tailed it into the thicket. I stalked them and they were certainly wild, had to get ahead of them and catch them as they were slipping through the mesquite and crossing a road. I made a good shot, one I thought would put him down quickly, but four hours later I was still tracking trying to get another shot. These things are smarter than I thought. After...finally...the third shot I had my trophy. I would recommend this challanging hunt to anyone. It takes a long time for the two 40 gallon lungs to fill up, so always go for the heart shot first.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf1047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	23894465

Name:	Dscf1050.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	23894466

They make an impressive mount also.

Name:	Dscf1083.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	23894467

Comment

Then I was missing something............... other than my mind.

Never in all my years of hunting (40) have I seen a feral cow that would run away just at the sight of someone. Seen plenty of bulls that would charge. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                            Ain't heard of any near the border. I've have seen a few shot on Ft Hood. Nothing like a 120m/m cannon on an M1A2 tank. Beats a 7 mag or a 300 mag any day.
                            40mm HEDP from a Mark 19 does the trick as well!

Comment

Andy Ross was hunting wild bulls in Mexico last night on Maximum Archery. Watching the show it looked like he had a lot of fun in Mexico and they tried hard to make the hunt look dangerous but in the end it just looked like a dead bull to me.
                              You might check out his web site though and find some information there.

Comment

1200 lb. spike, oh yea!

Do they taste like chicken?

Comment

Working...
                                X