No announcement yet.

Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have eaten only a couple radishes so far but that should increase after some freezing temps.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Nice

Comment

First buck I have taken off my place. He ain't the biggest buck...but he's the biggest buck I've seen...lol.

Shot him at 22 yards....he went 80 and piled up.

Comment

Very nice! Great to see your work pay off

Comment

Very nice

Comment

I pulled a radish today....12" and still growing. I'm very impressed with them so far. Great soil builders too!

Comment

First time I've seen this thread. Great work with the plots, and congratulations on the buck and your hard work paying off!!

Comment

Thanks Jet!

Tapachat

Comment

No problem!

We've tried the food plot thing at my friends place south of Schulenburg for a few years now. We've actually had really good luck with just turning the ground over and letting natural vegetation come up. They seem to like that just as much as anything else we've planted.

Didn't get a winter plot in this year due to tractor problems, but hope to have that sorted out for the spring/summer plot.

Comment

nice crops!

Comment

Nice raddish

Comment

Unclefish, when do you plan on tilling up the winter plots and working on the spring/summer ones? Wondering when we need to have the tractor working by.

Comment

I will mow the radishes in Feb and let the tubers decompose in the soil....if there are any left. It adds great organic matter to the soil. Then till it in March for planting.

My clover plot I'll just let it grow and mow it in the spring to about 3-4 inches tall. It should last about 3-4 years with just a little maintenance. The annual clovers will reseed and the perennial clovers will come back on their own.

Tapachat

Comment

I went to my place this weekend and the radishes are destroyed. Never seen a plot so torn up. They have eaten most all of the tops of them. They haven't eaten the tuber yet but that should come with a freeze. I'll try to post up some pics next time I'm out there.

Need a rain bad....everything is wilting pretty good....but they are still hitting it.
                                Last edited by unclefish; 11-26-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X