Aransas NWR 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aransas NWR 2017

Ok here is what I have so far. The hunt will be Sept. 30 thru Oct. 8th. They will be using the state draw system this year. So you will need to do that when the state does all there public land hunt stuff. IBEP class will be held Sept. 9th and 10th. Anyone taking this class or already holds their IBEP card will be allow to early scout. The gates will not open for sxouting until the class is released each day. If anyone has questions feel free to call me 361-222-1152 Danny.

Dumb question. What's a IBEP card?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

International Bowhunter Education Program

TPWD- http://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunt...nter-education

Comment

So, Aransas will need IBEP card? I've never been hunting anywhere where I needed it.

Comment

No you dont need to have the IBEP to hunt Aransas. Already having the class or being enrolled gets you the ability to scout early.

Comment

Ty

Comment

So the fee for the hunt has now doubled to $135 plus $5 drawing fee?

Any stand-by permits available?

When do we put in for the drawing, when is the drawing, and how many drawings is it going to take to fill the hunt?

So the refuge went with the state drawing to make thing more simple for them, but there's still a butt load of unanswered questions. Why are there so many unanswered questions?
              Last edited by Thumper; 06-24-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Refuge phone number (361) 286-3559. There's a lot of questions that need to be answered.
                Last edited by Thumper; 06-24-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  So the fee for the hunt has now doubled to $135 plus $5 drawing fee.

Any stand-by permits available?

When do wevput in for the drawing, when is the drawing, and how many drawings is it going to take to fill the hunt?

So the refuge went with the state drawing to make thing more simple for them, but there's still a butt load of unanswered questions. Why are there so many unanswered questions?
                  I imagine it will be like everything else and be extremely hard to draw. Since they changed the draw people now apply for everything, to up their chances, even if they don't know anything about it.

Comment

Worst thing that could have happened for the refuge and its hunters. Down where I live, Laguna Atascosa did the same thing last year....went to the state lottery. First time in over 12 years that I did not hunt the LANWR. Didn't get drawn. Live 15 minutes away and was a for sure chance to hunt archery every year without having a lease. From what I understand, they had a lot of trouble with knuckle heads not not knowing their rules and people not showing up to hunt because of the distance and helicopter nillgi shoots. I hope this doesn't negatively impact the Aransas NWR

Comment

Laguna duck, I agree!

TOWD Draw info is out.

Comment

I was able to take my son hunting last year and it was fun.... This year TPWD got involved and now they have an age limit and hes not old enough to apply this year. wont be for another 2 years....

Comment

Budget fight coming up in Oct, wonder if the hunters will again be used as political pawns and dumped on again?

Comment

Looked like Aransas took a direct hit......doubt the hunt will take place -- a lot more issues to worry about down there than a hunt I would suspect.... I hope the wildlife on the refuge survive..... I know back in the 60's I think it was Allison came through, a lot of the herd died of hove rot.... anyone down there know what the terrain looks like after the storm?

Comment

The strong side of the eye(east side) crossed the lower third of the point Pasture RD. No leaves on the trees and about 20" of rain.

Last edited by Thumper; 09-02-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X