No announcement yet.

Life After Lonesome Dove...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to go back and watch it again. I only saw bits and pieces of it as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      I thought the book was great and the mini series " it's not a movie " was just ok and really kinda hokey. It is pre broke back mountain story about man love " albert mohler has covered the subject extremely in depth in some articles "
      Oh my... Where are you from? Cali or New York?

U may not fit in round here....

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        I watched it with my parents as an 8 year old and haven’t seen it since. Is it worth a rewatch lol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Please do this tonight Black Ice and report back.

Comment

Dad was on a that lease in late 90' or 91'. I have pictures of the Lonesome dove as well. a good friend of mine grew up on that ranch. She has some neat stories about hanging out with the crew etc...

Comment

Pure greatness. I still maintain the most underrated line in the whole series involved Dee Boot in the jailhouse. To paraphrase:

Dee: "They got me in jail for killing a boy Ellie, they're gonna kill me."

Luke: "What'd he do? Aggravate ye?"

Classic.

Just ordered a copy of "The Trail Drivers of Texas". Can't wait to read it.

Good times.

Comment

after my son got his degree he went on his first job interview. His interviewer said to him," Son what is your favorite movie?"

my son replied, " Lonesome Dove". And the reply was, : This interview is over. You are hired! lets go eat some lunch."

Comment

You need to read Charles Goodnight, Cowman and Plainsman by J. Evetts Haley

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
                  You need to read Charles Goodnight, Cowman and Plainsman by J. Evetts Haley
                  Also, "The Ladder of Rivers" by Harry Chrisman. If you are familiar with Lee and Williamson counties you will know some places in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Movie was made on our deer lease on the Moody Ranch South of Del Rio... We had to move some of our stands/feeders so they wouldn't be in the movie sets... Where the snake episode happened was actually in Sycamore Creek right beside our camp... If the camera had panned to the right about 1 more degree, our camp would have been in view...
                    Where Woodrow buried Gus is also on Sycamore Creek and one of my all time favorite turkey hunting spots... Got pics of my kids when they were little sitting on the porch of Lonesome Dove main house and of them lookin' out the hotel window down at me in main street... Of course the hotel burned down in the movie, but Mr. Moody mad 'em build it back... got pics of the old burned up piano that was lying beside the rebuilt hotel facade... and a facade is all it was... Whole building wasn't nothin' but a front facade and a staircase that went up to the window on the "second floor"... second floor was about 4 feet square... just enough room to stand at the window... Whole town was that way... just facades... House had one front room and no back... that's where all the cameras were positioned... Only 2 things that were really complete was the bridge and corral pens... Was a fascinating place, but alas, bein' built right on the Rio Grande, the fine upstanding citizens of Mexico have helped themselves to just about everything they could take down and float back across the river...
                    hey Charlie I hunted with tommy vann and gary and pete down there. what i cool deal to ride the high rack down by the river and then through the movie set !!!

Comment

Makes me want to watch it right now. One of my favorite westerns that not many people talk about much at all was on the other night.
                      The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. The cast in that movie is a whos who of the old western movie stars.

Comment

Read the book Comanche moon...

Its the prequel to LD

Its basically about Gus and Call as Rangers chasing Blue Duck around Texas...Very Good read, almost as good as LD.

Streets of Laredo was horrible IMO

Comment

Monte Walsh

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                          Houston... Next, "The Wild Bunch"......
                          One of the best, ever made.....
                          Monte Walsh was a good one

Comment

Perfect weather today for watching Lonesome Dove.Get a fire going,make some popcorn, kick back and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                              Monte Walsh was a good one
                              Yep..... Both of'em..

Comment

When the network aired it,do any of y'all remember what the weather was like in N.Texas? It was cold every night.I watched it at a friend of mine's house(falling down old frame house)pot belly stove burning.Roping saddles all over the tiny living room,tack hanging on the walls..We watched every episode in there.I'll never forget it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X