No announcement yet.

Life After Lonesome Dove...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have said read the book. The book goes deeper into the background of the characters and is a good read. Don't start it on a work night, or you'll end up looking at the clock at 3am before you put it down.

Comment

This

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
      This. Don't watch the other movies, they are crap.
      100%

Read them in order though!

I am actually a few chapters into Streets of Laredo right now.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        I thought the book was great and the mini series " it's not a movie " was just ok and really kinda hokey. It is pre broke back mountain story about man love " albert mohler has covered the subject extremely in depth in some articles "
        Really guy.... you’re a complete idiot

Comment

Houston... Next, "The Wild Bunch"......
          One of the best, ever made.....

Comment

Originally posted by hogdoggintexas View Post
            You forgot comanche moon

X2

Comment

I hate a man that talks rude. I won't tolerate it.

Comment

My main skills are talking and cooking biscuits. And getting drunk on the porch.

Comment

I got all the books and movies if you need to borrow them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"We Don't Rent Pigs"

Comment

oh man classic....best western ever made!! 2nd just aint the same without Gus and no Tommy Lee Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        Love the movie. Back when mu youngest was about 6 or 7 they showed it again on TV. It was on from 8 to 10. Her bedtime was 9 but I let her stay up for 4 days to watch it. I just feel there is plenty of good lessons in it. Anyway when part 4 was ending she looked up and said Daddy is that a true story? I said well sort of. They took lots of old west stories and kind of put them together. It was written by a guy named Larry McMurtry. My daughter stepped back, put her hands on her hips and proclaimed......"Well I approve of his work"..........So I guess no matter how bad it gets for Larry McMurty he always has that to fall back on.......

-john
                        That's an awesome story!

Comment

Movie was made on our deer lease on the Moody Ranch South of Del Rio... We had to move some of our stands/feeders so they wouldn't be in the movie sets... Where the snake episode happened was actually in Sycamore Creek right beside our camp... If the camera had panned to the right about 1 more degree, our camp would have been in view...
                          Where Woodrow buried Gus is also on Sycamore Creek and one of my all time favorite turkey hunting spots... Got pics of my kids when they were little sitting on the porch of Lonesome Dove main house and of them lookin' out the hotel window down at me in main street... Of course the hotel burned down in the movie, but Mr. Moody mad 'em build it back... got pics of the old burned up piano that was lying beside the rebuilt hotel facade... and a facade is all it was... Whole building wasn't nothin' but a front facade and a staircase that went up to the window on the "second floor"... second floor was about 4 feet square... just enough room to stand at the window... Whole town was that way... just facades... House had one front room and no back... that's where all the cameras were positioned... Only 2 things that were really complete was the bridge and corral pens... Was a fascinating place, but alas, bein' built right on the Rio Grande, the fine upstanding citizens of Mexico have helped themselves to just about everything they could take down and float back across the river...

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, Return to Lonesome Dove was not part of the series. I have read Lonesome Dove, Deadman's Walk, Streets of Laredo, and Comanche Moon. All great books, movies were not bad either.

My son's middle name is Augustus, goes by Gus. Hes about to be 8. All the girls love him!

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                              I lost count of how many times I have watched it. I have slept with it on twice as many times. I have a VCR tape that has the whole 6 hour movie on it. With a DVD, it's multiple discs. It is a staple in my camper at the deer lease. Played it every night I was there. Infuriated my wife.

Little trivia--What's the name of Newt's horse?
                              Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                                You're just now seeing it for the first time!!!!!
                                I aint sure how anybody could make it that far through life without watching it. The first time I saw it was at my mother's house, she had taped it on vcr. I think it was 1987. I was hook line sinker caught up in it. Sometimes I have to sleep at my office. I turn on you tube and sleep to lonesome dove.

Comment

Working...
                                X