• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big neck 4 year old last year. 5 this year

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
      Lol. I like your optimism.
      I seriously shot a three-and-a-half-year-old six-point. Garden eating deer in Magnolia that was pushing 200 lb

Comment

Her ya go

4 year old, so ya guess he's 5 this year
        Attached Files

Comment

4.5 tops

Comment

little better look at his face last year in december. interesting that he got younger looking this year.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              little better look at his face last year in december. interesting that he got younger looking this year.
              Revising my statement from yesterday... I'd say he's old enough! Probably right at 9 years and 124 days old

Comment

The 4.5 guesses give me a good laugh especially after seeing his pics from last year showing him a grandpa

Comment

In your first pics that lil sag under his chin made me kind of pause and think man he is old, but body looked 5.5

Comment

I'd put one of your hunters on him that would be proud to shoot him. And I'll bet that is what you are thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      I'd put one of your hunters on him that would be proud to shoot him. And I'll bet that is what you are thinking.
                      Yep. he is very killable. I have probably seen him over 100 times.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        I'm gonna say 5. As far as hit listing him, I'd be tempted to give him another year. Although I know that's a tough gamble.
                        But by all means, he's a shooter.

Welllll......... I have been giving him another year for six years. He is an old deer I named Hytop he never amounted to much. As a matter of fact, he has his best rack to date this year.. as a KNOWN 9 year old.

The last few years i have been posting known age deer that got younger as they quit the rut. This is another great example of that as he looks considerably younger this year. I posted an old deer named Curly last year that did the same. the crazy thing is that the vast majority of this site would not have put him or Curly on the hit list. Maybe I wouldnt have either if i didnt have history.

The more i run cameras and study these east tx deer, the less i know..

Comment

Comment

Exactly why I didn't stick my neck out! Another good one for the green screen. I love posts like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I looked at his knees and thought they looked swollen. Early arthritis......

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                                I looked at his knees and thought they looked swollen. Early arthritis......
                                Here are his knees last year as an 8 yr old
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X