Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had one stop me at an entrance. All he did was ask if I had a permit and hunter orange. Then we just talked about hunting for a few before he took off.

Comment

I've also run into park rangers and game wardens in the woods

Comment

I've been checked by the GW plenty of times, always a good experience, never seen a COE Ranger other than in their vehicle.

Comment

Probably then someone talking out their hump then lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

TG, what’s been going on with the water levels? Any changes over the last couple weeks? Been stuck in the city for the last few weeks, going through withdrawals from not hiking. See any upstream releases changing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
              Probably then someone talking out their hump then lol

Personally I am happy with the Sheriff patrols. Made a post when it happened, but I got gas taken out of my truck earlier this year. Seen a lot of crazy stuff out there over the years. Never know who or what you may run into.

Comment

Im fine with the sheriff being out and about taking a active roll in keeping everyone safe and offten work together with game wardens on poaching and other illegal activities that sometimes go on out there. Ive heard in years past that trucks have gotten broken into, stuff stolen, trucks even vandalized, dead bodys being found and pot grows being found. So dont mind at all that they are there being proactive Just thought it was odd for a sheriff to be asking and checking hunting licenses

Comment

I am not LEO, but my hunting buddy is... he said it is not all that common, but he was asked to check as well.

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                  Im fine with the sheriff being out and about taking a active roll in keeping everyone safe and offten work together with game wardens on poaching and other illegal activities that sometimes go on out there. Ive heard in years past that trucks have gotten broken into, stuff stolen, trucks even vandalized, dead bodys being found and pot grows being found. So dont mind at all that they are there being proactive Just thought it was odd for a sheriff to be asking and checking hunting licenses

Comment

Originally posted by jgould1 View Post
                    I am not LEO, but my hunting buddy is... he said it is not all that common, but he was asked to check as well.
                    Understandable

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                      TG, what’s been going on with the water levels? Any changes over the last couple weeks? Been stuck in the city for the last few weeks, going through withdrawals from not hiking. See any upstream releases changing anything?

Despite the rain we've all gotten, water levels are still pretty low on most all Texas lakes. There are only a hand full of projects releasing water. And that is at a minimal. PK dose have a minimal release of 113cfs at the moment. But I don't think that is going to do much for Grandbury or Whitney. And since people use most projects for drinking water, lowering will continue untill the right conditions occur (below read).

Forecast calls for some good rains over the weekend. We really need some hard down pours to get a good run-off so the lakes will fill. Slow steady rains will not do it. Slow and steady only allows for the ground to absorb it. The best run-off occurs after a long drought when the ground is really dry and hard. Throw a heavy downpour on top of that and you get good runoffs. But the trade out is flooding in certain areas pending environment/terrain/conditions for some areas. We can still get some lake fillers even with the current ground conditions. Just has to be the right amounts of rain at one time.

Comment

After looking at the scheduled weather forecast, looks like we'll get some good rains into next week. Thur-Fri highs may only be in the 70s! Yeah!

Lets just hope it comes a gully washer this weekend! And over the next few weeks. Conditions are perfect for a great repeat of the 2009 duck season!

Edit: I might even have to host another TBH Group Duck Hunt.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          After looking at the scheduled weather forecast, looks like we'll get some good rains into next week. Thur-Fri highs may only be in the 70s! Yeah!

Lets just hope it comes a gully washer this weekend! And over the next few weeks. Conditions are perfect for a great repeat of the 2009 duck season!

Edit: I might even have to host another TBH Group Duck Hunt.
                          I'm ready. Moving from my home lake to another this year. Looking forward to a great duck season!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Despite the rain we've all gotten, water levels are still pretty low on most all Texas lakes. There are only a hand full of projects releasing water. And that is at a minimal. PK dose have a minimal release of 113cfs at the moment. But I don't think that is going to do much for Grandbury or Whitney. And since people use most projects for drinking water, lowering will continue untill the right conditions occur (below read).

Forecast calls for some good rains over the weekend. We really need some hard down pours to get a good run-off so the lakes will fill. Slow steady rains will not do it. Slow and steady only allows for the ground to absorb it. The best run-off occurs after a long drought when the ground is really dry and hard. Throw a heavy downpour on top of that and you get good runoffs. But the trade out is flooding in certain areas pending environment/terrain/conditions for some areas. We can still get some lake fillers even with the current ground conditions. Just has to be the right amounts of rain at one time.
                            Thanks for the update. Should be interesting to see what drops this weekend.

Comment

Looks like we might get wet next weekend as well

Comment

Originally posted by D u s t y View Post
                                Looks like we might get wet next weekend as well
                                Yeeeeeha was looking at that...gonna put a damper on my 3 day weekend camping pland for sure if it holds true and rains

Comment

Working...
                                X