• Show
Clear All

Heck yeah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow boys that was some work! Down off the ridge now with better service.

250ish yard shot across a canyon on the run! A group showed over the next ridge and winded us. I could not belive the shot I pulled off. He tumbled down about 400 feet and was done.

Fyi if you think your in shape and ready for something like this I suggest you keep training even harder. I did it but man I'm beat.

Thanks Spencer for posting for me.

Now some rest and start after Stag with my bow. The Roar isn't going yet so this will be tough.

We glassed several good 6x6 and better today. But I want to make a serious effort with my Bow first.

Cheers

Sean

Comment

Gorgeous animal! Following...

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats!!

Comment

Very cool, cant wait to see the stag

Comment

good luck

Comment

Awesome looking animal, tuned in and ready for the stage.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep it up, Sean! Good luck man! Congrats again on the kill!

Comment

Good luck, following along. Are you on the North or South Island?

Comment

Update- yesterday was the toughest hunt ever. I have no idea how many miles we walked and glassed. We are hunting 70k acre private low fence ranch on the South Island. There isn't a muscle that doesn't hurt. This terrain is like south TX brush and straight up and down with rock slides peppered in. It's become clear a bow shot isn't going to happen. Maybe if the roar had started..Maybe. We are seeing good bachelor groups but can not get a stock on them. Today it's rifle time and we are headed back up now.

This place is such a sight! Would be hard to beat these views.

Today's shot may be 500 plus yards! So here we go! Shooting a 270 Sako 4.

Cheers

Sean

Comment

Beautiful country! Congrats on the Tahr

Comment

Man that is a beautiful animal!! I think that's the best photo I've ever seen of one up close and personal like! That sucker has got some kind of coat!! Congratulation on one fine trophy!!
                            Good luck on getting one of those humongous stags!

Comment

What outfitter did you use?

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                              Update- yesterday was the toughest hunt ever. I have no idea how many miles we walked and glassed. We are hunting 70k acre private low fence ranch on the South Island. There isn't a muscle that doesn't hurt. This terrain is like south TX brush and straight up and down with rock slides peppered in. It's become clear a bow shot isn't going to happen. Maybe if the roar had started..Maybe. We are seeing good bachelor groups but can not get a stock on them. Today it's rifle time and we are headed back up now.

This place is such a sight! Would be hard to beat these views.

Today's shot may be 500 plus yards! So here we go! Shooting a 270 Sako 4.

Cheers

Sean

Comment

Some eye candy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X