Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they work! That’s good to hear. What do I need and where should I buy one?

I’m new to AR’s and started reading this thread a few days ago. I’m somewhere around post 1035 (February 2011) so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
      So they work! That’s good to hear. What do I need and where should I buy one?

I’m new to AR’s and started reading this thread a few days ago. I’m somewhere around post 1035 (February 2011) so I have a lot of catching up to do.

They work very well. I shoot mine without hearing protection outdoors.

Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I live in Houston and have a farm out of Tenaha, TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do a lot of business with Xtreme firearms in Richmond and Payne Brothers in Katy. They are both good guys to deal with, know their stuff, and have a good selection of suppressors in stock. I’d recommend a 30 caliber suppressor like the Silencerco Omega for your first one because you can use it on any caliber up to 300 Win Mag. Be careful though, shooting suppressed is an addiction and you won’t have just one suppressor when all is said and done.

Comment

I don’t know many places down that way.

The process seems arduous to purchase but once you’ve done it once, it gets easier.

Do you have any heirs that you may want to pass the suppressor down to? They are heavily regulated and you can’t just give it to a son, brother, etc, but there are ways to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

The process seems arduous to purchase but once you’ve done it once, it gets easier.

Do you have any heirs that you may want to pass the suppressor down to? They are heavily regulated and you can’t just give it to a son, brother, etc, but there are ways to do it.

Yep, would definitely want to set it up so I could pass it down to an heir.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yep, would definitely want to set it up so I could pass it down to an heir. Does it help if he is an LEO?

Comment

You should look up Sean Cody, Texas-SC on tbh. He'll do a trust for you and give you a TBH discount. He along with many on here can help you through the process.

There's a few different ways to own a suppressor but I won't go into great detail as I'm not that well versed. I will say the trust route is simple and Sean will take care of you.

Be patient, the wait can be long.

Comment

Sean did mine. Simple and he will answer if you have any questions.

Comment

Sounds like Sean is the go-to guy.

Wait? I’ve bought 3 Randall knives in my lifetime so I know the meaning of wait. The last one took 47 months. They’re out to 5 years now. [emoji50]

Guess I need to decide on which one and get the process started.

Any mods required to the gun to shoot one?

Comment

Sounds like Sean is the go-to guy.

Wait? I’ve bought 3 Randall knives in my lifetime so I know the meaning of wait. The last one took 47 months. They’re out to 5 years now. [emoji50]

Guess I need to decide on which one and get the process started.

Any mods required to the gun to shoot one?

Barrel threading in relation to the bore not the outside of the barrel.

Comment

How to make a M16-AR15 Tacticool????
                          #1 Throw all of them off a cliff and replace them with the AK 47.
                          #2 Talk all the countries that use AK 47s into doing a firearm exchange with us.
                          #3 Put all M16 & AR 15 on a slow boat to China rigged with explosives & then blow it up & then replace them with the AK 47!
                          #5 Start using a stick instead and say."Ka-pow, Ka-pow".
                          #6 Throw a rock?
                          God bless!
                          Semper fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                            Barrel threading in relation to the bore not the outside of the barrel.

He bought a Colt 6920, his barrel is already threaded.

Comment

One fire and the next shell hangs up and has these dents when I pul it out of the gun. What did I do wrong?

Pulled the BCG, disassembled and removed some oil then reassembled and it’s cycling now without the heavy dents.
                              Last edited by Lip; 03-16-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Did you clean it before trying to shoot it? They come lubed but its packing grease not lubricant so you need to clean and lube it first.

So you may be good to go now.

Comment

Working...
                                X