I think a little of this

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=402351

Comment

Originally posted by wide8lost View Post
      Because its not hunt
      Interesting......

Comment

Originally posted by BU_pigslayer View Post
        My family and I got tired of spending $$ and energy only to have neighbors blast 2 an 3 year old 8 points in Leon County. We put up a HF around the whole place and have some deer breeding in a 6 acre pasture that we got from 3 different breeders. Looking forward to watching the deer grow and get wild again. This is our 3 year old breeder buck (only breeder buck) that my mom aptly name "Loverboy". He was a mainframe 9 last year and scored 178. I think this year he's getting close to 200. Mainframe 10 withe split G1's and forked G2's. Unreal length and hopefully will add width next year. I've never seen anything over 150 before so I'm no expert at scoring deer when they get this high.

Obviously this deer will get a pass for life and hopefully die of old age (or we take his tag out when we release him and have somebody pay come shoot him to recoup our start up costs?)

We're looking forward to sharing our place with family and friends for decades to come. The fellowship and memories will be great!

I feel your pain. We were going to do the same thing but the back of our place floods and keeping a fence up would be next to impossible.

Comment

Here's one that I saw in KS but only had a doe tag left... Told the land owner and he killed him 3 days later. 234 and change
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21378833792.805886.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	24243257
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21378833826.087877.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	24243258

Comment

Bump

Comment

Less talky talky, more pictures :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                Both sides need to shut up and just post pics. Me likely the big rack... fake, all natural... I'm not one to judge... Just show me some rack!
                Well said coach
                Here's one my buddy killed.
                203" low fence free range from birth

Comment

Wow thats a true mondo!

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                    Lots of times we will knock their horns off for saftey reasons.
                    What is the process of taking the horns off? Do yall keep the horns? What all can the horns be used for? Very impressive animals, Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I think they dart them to remove them! Those are some crazy deer...

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                        What is the process of taking the horns off? Do yall keep the horns? What all can the horns be used for? Very impressive animals, Thanks for sharing!
                        breeder and pen raised deer are generally cut right before or right after they come out of velvet. the majority of them are pushed through a chute, and the antlers are cut with a sawzall. If the deer needs it, they can be sedated, but most of the time, they're not sedated prior to being cut.

Comment

Last edited by STGS; 10-07-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
                            Last edited by STGS; 10-07-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

STGS. It's a give and take I think... using a sawzall you can push the deer through faster and not hold them in the shute as long while they're kicking and fighting. I've never timed it, but I estimate you can can go through one side in about 2-3 seconds with a good blade.

I see what you are saying about the trauma from a sawzall though.

very good looking deer there . great frame.

Comment

Last edited by STGS; 10-07-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X