TBH got mentioned on episode 103 of meateater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    ragin - removed filter- scorched earth - got western all up in this biznatch
    adair - threatened the world with an atomic elbow
    tnik - dwarf with stinky products
    ebh - see Antlercollector
    mhbaseball - improper lane change of his hog dogs..on someone elses property

Thanks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh...this place isn't for everyone, that's why I like it. If you can't get along with most folks here, they problem is probably you.

Comment

Listening to the Meateater podcast now. It sounds like the guy that email the comment in regards to TBH missed spoke obviously. We all are humans and thankfully we have different ideas/opinions/preferences. I am not sure why discussions on here seem to turn into name calling sessions so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          ragin - removed filter- scorched earth - got western all up in this biznatch
          adair - threatened the world with an atomic elbow
          tnik - dwarf with stinky products
          ebh - see Antlercollector
          mhbaseball - improper lane change of his hog dogs..on someone elses property

Didn't Tnik do something shady with a charity also?

Comment

Grayson- he found a pot of gold

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              Just don't get it I guess, I understand his complaint but why throw all this under the bus. We do a lot of really great stuff here but anyone that listens to that podcast is only going to know we banned some guy for his belief in a controversial topic, true or not.
              I'll back you up on this a little bit.

I listen to Steve's podcasts for over a year now and as an avid listener, I enjoy the atmosphere of his podcasts. I don't always agree with Steve, etc on some of the conclusions he draws, but I am also not the kinda guy that dismisses a person for just one thing. Different people have different perspectives.

Now, this guy who hunts 50 acres of family land in the Hill Country can have whatever opinion he wants on HF and all that jazz, but at the end of the day it was a pre-K move to just mention that he got thrown off of TBH for bringing up how HF is messing with his fair chase. There was really no need to even add that. It was totally a "look, I am getting picked on down here!" Very much whiny... like nails on a chalk board, that really irks me.

We all have seen the folks on here who stand up on their soap box and proclaim the that their methods or opinions are gospel and get all upset that nobody listens to, or agrees with them. They can't take criticism, etc. I don't think I have ever seen a guy/gal get thrown off unless they start getting all high and mighty and getting petty... which this guy either did... or "getting thrown off" was really his way of saying his ideals weren't accepted and he left.

But yeah, I don't get it... no, wait, I do... I get it... that person didn't get to find an audience that agrees with him and so he went whining to a place where somebody might repeat what he said and knows that nobody will offer any substantial criticism of his view point.

At the end of the day, I don't really care... but it was annoying to see somebody take a cheap shot at a large group of people.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347
                Is crookedarrow still around? I think it was him
                Geez!

Comment

The majority of the folks who listen to the MeatEater podcast I bet have never heard of, nor give 2 shats about this site, and probably even forgot the name as soon as he said it.

Comment

Man there are so many I knew about and so many I didn't.

I think the mention on the podcast was pretty inconspicuous, but find it funny that getting thrown out of the forum was life-changing enough to make it worth mentioning in the email.

That person probably drops that fact into a lot of unrelated conversations due to the everlasting butt hurt.

Comment

So if a person gets banned what's to stop them from creating another account? Always wondered this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                        So if a person gets banned what's to stop them from creating another account? Always wondered this.
                        The might also want to change their ISP too. And maybe computer MAC address.

Comment

I’ve pretty much been granted my entire banned wishlist over the course of the last 10 years.

Thanks Guys!

Comment

I think you have to work pretty hard to get banned around here....

I also think that if this was a member only viewing forum and you had to post your real name that the conversations would always be a little more polite. Internet tough guys live in the shadows of their mom's basement.
                            Last edited by Tom; 02-13-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith
                              There's a bunch of Drama Queen gossiping in this thread, get back to work that's what real men do.

Carry on!

Discuss....

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                                Discuss....
                                Tea on the screen

Comment

Working...
                                X