Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Turkey and Hog Success at Oz Acres!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Turkey and Hog Success at Oz Acres!

Jeff (Oz_Ag) and I have been trying to get together for several months (or longer) to do some video collaboration and exchange ideas for our respective YouTube channels.

We were finally able to coordinate our schedules to meet up this past weekend. The weather was pretty rough early Saturday morning so, for the sake of our electronics, we decided to hunt out of a box blind for hogs. We had a HUGE boar that came in really early, but he's a smart one and sensed something was up. He vacated quickly.

The forecast said the rain would clear around daylight, but we were getting rain, and even hail, late into the morning. When it finally let up, we grabbed our (considerable) gear and hiked around the property in search of hogs or turkeys, but with no luck.

We met up with EOTR pro staffer (and fellow TBHer) George Zedan, for lunch in Weimer, and then returned to Oz Acres early afternoon. Jeff and I again worked our away across the property, calling for birds and walking slowly in search of hogs.

We decided to set up on a platform overlooking a large field to see if something worked in. We watched several deer, and then spotted three gobblers working their way in. It took a bit for one to finally present a shot. I drew back, quickly settled the pin and shot the bird. The arrow hit hard! He tried to flee, but was unable to get far. The other birds immediately turned on the downed bird and started spurring and pecking at the still breathing carcass.

Jeff tried to get a follow up shot on one of the other birds, but a limb prevented the shot. He called softly to get the attention of the gobblers, but they worked around the side and then behind us without ever presenting a shot.

We met back up with George at dark to see that he had shot a REALLY nice boar!

Thanks, Jeff, for the invite and for putting me on a good gobbler! I enjoyed hanging out with Jeff and George and exchanging techniques and ideas to help improve our video productions!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	30715746_1463816163727635_8038815362218721280_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	25143910
    Click image for larger version

Name:	30707819_1463816167060968_4595656749507149824_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	25143911

Be looking for video footage on our respective YouTube channels (Michael Middleton TBH and EOTR Outdoors)!
    My Flickr Photos

Congrats to both of you

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Congrats! Fun weekend for sure!

Comment

It was a great day, thanks again for coming out and hopefully we can do it again soon!

Comment

Originally posted by treestandjunky View Post
            It was a great day, thanks again for coming out and hopefully we can do it again soon!
            Indeed it was! Congrats on the tusker!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

It was a fun weekend! Congrats Michael and George! Well done fellas.

Michael and I should have 2 awesome videos ready for y'all in a few weeks!

Comment

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looks like a good hunt despite the weather and wind.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to you both! Can't wait to see the vid of the turkey... they still have me tore up that I am watching vids even though I only have 1 tag left to burn.

Comment

Good lookin bird

Comment

Congrats guys

Comment

Congrats on a successful hunt!

Comment

Working...
                            X