No announcement yet.

LEO out in full force Liberty Hill to Briggs on 183

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll check when I go back to work but I think that roadway got negative marks from TXDOT- They use a bunch of factors and wrecks is the most important. Bad stretch of toad. Those that don’t see accidents there are lucky. I’ve witnessed a fatal at 29 and stopped at one about 1/2 mike away about a year ago

Comment

There was something in the paper about them going to be writing tickets on N 183 all the way into Cedar Park this week too. That big undivided hill going down to 3405 gets scary. All that work and no turn lane was dumb...

Comment

As long as they don’t put these out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Anyone know why they have 8-10 (or more) LEO's from Liberty Hill to Briggs on 183? I saw them yesterday and then today. Writing tickets as fast as they could (I assume as they had people pulled over).

A usual trip to Lampasas I see maybe one with no one pulled over. They had at lest 3-4 motorcycle LEO's, then the standard SUV, car, and Sherriff vehicles.

Comment

Should be out chasing crack heads but ain’t no money in that

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
              Oh, they already got the big crack head dealers a few weeks ago on CR 207 just off 183. It's because of so many wrecks in this stretch. I drive it several times a day and it does get bad at times.

Comment

God bless the LEO ! Be safe out there.

Comment

there it is...

I knew it was coming sooner or later..

Comment

I have been avoiding the news. But thanks for the replies. At least I know why now.

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    there it is...
                    I knew it was coming sooner or later..
                    Hard to not be negative when it happens like this. Money drives everything.

Plus I can take a LEO by the hand straight to 10+ people that have warrants. One has 10+ felony convictions AND after skipping rehab per judge orders. She had to choose rehab or jail. Went to rehab and just walked out the next day LOL They know where she lives but leave her alone as she has zero money. So what's the point in convicting her again? Only when someone complains I guess...

But the people heading to work have money so write them tickets.

But I do understand none of this is the officers fault. They don't create the rules.

Comment

So now we are bitching about Leo's doing their job? Seems like some just have to find something negative in everything.
                      News said they clocked another doing 99 in the 60 zone.

Comment

You guys crack me up. It’s all about $$$. I worked highway for years and never got a cent for a ticket. $$$$ to police is tax dollars. Sure every department has a certain percentage of officers that work traffic. I work on the lake and when I see a kid no wearing a PFD I should ignore it and look for a crackhead? Or just wait and fire up the sonar and find the kid taking a nap on the bottom of the lake and go wake him up with the dive team?

This situation has to do with people dying on this stretch of highway.

Comment

First off I'm not bitching about LEOs. And I don't complain when speeders get pulled over, usually.

So if this stretch is so bad what caused this sudden full force 15x manpower push to make it safe exactly? There was a trigger and I bet it links to money or funding of some sort. Even if it doesn't link to money it makes no sense because the road hasn't changed. Did the Chief wake up last week and say oh crap! we better make 183 safe next week? It's been the same road for 15 years.

The point on crack/meth heads is we know and live by them. And Glen I know you know this also. It's not any officers fault. It's no different than border patrol catching the same illegal every week and knowing their name after taking them in 10 times. The only difference is that's BP's only job so they just repeat it over and over. LEO's have other aspects of safety and laws to enforce. The irk is why even issue a warrant or 5 when you know where they live if there's no one to bring them back in?

Comment

Tim. Did you slow down driving through there or notice others have? Well there you have it- that’s why they send a lot of resources to small area. It’s gets folks attention. Gets people talking about it and it has the desired effect

Comment

There was a bad wreck there last week that I believe killed one or two. It took a light signal out in the process which had San Gabriel going West shut down for 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                                They added a left turn lane which took away a lane going either direction so you go from 2 lanes to one lane back to 2. I think it is more dangerous now than it was. They lowered the speed limit but that don't matter no one slows down. I have actually been passed on the left as people ignore that it is one lane and the other lane is a turn lane. Probably has a lot to do with the LEO's out in force.
                                Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                                That big undivided hill going down to 3405 gets scary. All that work and no turn lane was dumb...
                                Drive that stretch of road every month heading to the panhandle.
                                Most dangerous part of the 400 miles.
                                I'm usually pulling a trailer, glad TxDOT and local LEO's are trying to make it safer.
                                But the improvements didn't seem to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X