260 Tac Rifle Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

260 Tac Rifle Build

Well I sent off my rifle to get built, received notice that it was received today!!! Its gonne be a 260 tactical. (260 Rem with a slightly longer free bore chambering for shooting 139 gr lapua scencars or longer sierra or berger hybrids or vlds...) I'm skipping out on getting it cerakotedright now just to be able to ggetit back to use this hunting season and I big mule deer hunt I have coming up. After hunting seasons over ill get it cerakoted!

Defiance machine deviant action
    Brux 1:8 twist @ 28 inches
    Ross schuler muzzle brake
    Manners T2A stock
    Jewell Trigger
    American rifle company rings
    Steiner 5-25x56 ffp military with MSR ranging reticle

Pics to come when she arrives!!!

High drool factor in that build

Just bought me a set of a ARC rings ; WOW

Comment

Man I hope you are excited about your build. Not to high jack your thread, but I'm stoked. Talked to the folks at Pac-nor today about my first semi custom build of a rem model 7 in 260 remington. My birthday gift from my wife and girls. Now just gotta box her up and put in the mail. I can't wait to see the pictures of your new gun.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
        Man I hope you are excited about your build. Not to high jack your thread, but I'm stoked. Talked to the folks at Pac-nor today about my first semi custom build of a rem model 7 in 260 remington. My birthday gift from my wife and girls. Now just gotta box her up and put in the mail. I can't wait to see the pictures of your new gun.
        PN builds a very respectable rifle , comparable to the big names

Did you go with a #4 finished at 21" ?

Comment

Haha thanks cajun! Its an EXPENSIVE BUILD. Ill be somewhere around $6k in this rifle when finished. Then on to the next build finishing up a 338 lapua. Same kinda set up.. juat different manners stock.

Gotta build them johnny cash style.... one piece at a time.... but it cost way more than a dime..

Comment

Following

Comment

Post some pics when you get it, sounds awesome

Comment

Cajun Blake I have decided on a 21 inch #4 fluted. Thanks for your help by the way, I'm sure it was bothering with all the questions.

Comment

I didn't drop the coin you did, but here is my .260 that I built myself, and am playing with right now. Mid-90's Savage with a Timney trigger, factory laminate stock (bedded and floated), milled recoil lug, and Leupold 6.5x20 target scope. The barrel is a 26", 1 in 8 twist, Criterion stainless match. The Criterion supposedly comes out of the same factory as Krieger, just a button rifled barrel instead of a cut rifled one. I did a lot of research on them before I ordered it, and they have a good reputation for pre-chambered Savage barrels. It shoots great and cleans like a dream, no problems at all for me.

The next step for me is a scope change so that I can get that Leupy back where it is supposed to be, on my 40 XBKS. I am going with a Vortex Viper PST FFP 4x16x50, I nearly have the cash in hand to go ahead and order it.

Not a real good picture, but you get the idea. I love the .260, hard to beat for playing around at extended distances and not breaking the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
                    Cajun Blake I have decided on a 21 inch #4 fluted. Thanks for your help by the way, I'm sure it was bothering with all the questions.
                    no a problem at all brother, been consulting on custom rifle builds since 1988 as it's part of my addiction

I highly recommend having PN true and blueprint your action to the barrel during the machining/chambering process. It only adds an extra $50-75 to the charge and well worth it.

standard fit, chamber, and crown on a fluted barrel runs from $225-$250

PN only charges $300 to blueprint, fit, chamber, and crown

I suggest a super-match grade stainless steel, 3 groove, 1:8" twist

Comment

CJ

I am having them true the action, flute the super match SS #4 with 5 flutes, fit, chamber and crown in a 1:8 twist.

Since i hunt with the 260, I will pay half of the total now to get the barrel started. Then after hunting season send them the action to true and do the rest of the work. That way I can still hunt with it this season, and will cut down on the lag time for completion. Pretty fair I think, and I have heard nothing but good about them so far.

NOW i've got a Savage 204 and a 700 rem in 270 just screaming for the same attention.

Comment

How exciting, congrats on the new tool.

Comment

very nice

Comment

Did this rifle ever get finished? Let's see some pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                              Did this rifle ever get finished? Let's see some pics!!
                              we don't have a clue since the OP : Last Activity: 08-14-2014 11:40 PM

2 1/2 yrs ago

Comment

Working...
                              X