No announcement yet.

6.5 Grendel enough weapon for deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot two coyotes with a 6.5 Grendel this past wknd. After seeing the damage, I’d have zero issues shooting a whitetail, axis, or muley with one.

Comment

Love following this one....

Comment

Here is what it does to a coyote.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love my grendel. It did a lot of hurtin on does on the MLD program I help out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's plenty.

Comment

Im looking for one for the kids. If y'all know a good deal please let me know.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                Im looking for one for the kids. If y'all know a good deal please let me know.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is a CZ on here with beautiful wood that I’m tempted to buy but you better do it! My buddy’s 9yr old kid shot his first buck with one! Great round! Get it while you can!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A 22lr and all the above will kill a deer dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    A 22lr and all the above will kill a deer dead.
                    True, but you won't get in trouble with the GW if caught, shooting with that 22LR. But you already knew that[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Killed 2 doe and a hog with mine last week...

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        What would be ideal?
                        155mm artillery I guess: you can miss the vitals by a dozen feet and still kill it, set it to fire from your game camera, you dont have to get in the stand, and it'll hamburger the meat!
                        Last edited by sir shovelhands; 11-23-2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Ultimate deer round, light recoil and fast follow up for multiple targets.
                          I've killed 3 With the hornady black ammo. Looked no different than the ones shot with the 270 right next to them

Comment

I killed a cull buck two weeks ago with my 6.5 grendel. It fell right where I shot it and passed through right behind both shoulders and hit the lungs. Left a hole the size of what my .270 leaves. It made me a believer in it. Can't beat it small compact hunting rifle in a ar 15 platform.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                              155mm artillery I guess: you can miss the vitals by a dozen feet and still kill it, set it to fire from your game camera, you dont have to get in the stand, and it'll hamburger the meat!
                              6.5x47, 260 Rem, 6.5x55, 6.5CM, 7-08 are just a little bitty bit better.

Comment

Had my first deer kill with the Grendel this evening 91 pound doe dropped her on the spot. Hornady Black 123gr. This is one deadly round!

Comment

Working...
                                X