Trout recipes needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout recipes needed!

Just got back from a trip with some fresh sea trout. Please post your favorite recipes for me to try.
    Thanks Bert

Roll in mustard and Louisiana hot sauce. Batter with Zatarans fish fry and fry.

Comment

Tagged......

I had a fish salad sandwich one time made out of speckled trout, assuming the fish was baked, the mixed with mayo or mustard, had some other seasoning and chopped up pecans in it. Served cold or chilled on bread and it was delicious!

I've never been able to duplicate it, so I'd love to see if anyone has a receipe or other suggestions!

Comment

Vacuum seal the filets. Don't freeze in water. I package them 3 filets per bag (my wife, son, and me).

The only way we eat them is cover them in ragin blaze, heat a pan on high on the stove, a little olive oil or butter, put filets in pan, when meat turns white half way up flip it, let it cook for another minute on high, then cut the fire off and let it sit for 5 minutes or so.

Serve over rice with a side of greens beans....YUM

We actually just got done with this exact meal about 20 minutes ago.

Comment

Trout Laguna

Trout Laguna

My version anyway

Marinade - 15 minutes
          place fillets in gallon ziplock
          add 1/2 bottle green tobasco - this is the secret right here - even the "thats too spicy folks" can handle this
          fresh dill
          garlic powder

lightly dust in flour and pan sear

Good eats

Comment

I like them best lightly battered and fried. My wife likes something a little lighter. For her I just cook them in a little butter then make a lemon-caper sauce to spoon over them. Both are excellent

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I like them best lightly battered and fried. My wife likes something a little lighter. For her I just cook them in a little butter then make a lemon-caper sauce to spoon over them. Both are excellent
              Same here.

I like the taste of trout. No need to make it spicy and all that jazz. Just flour with some salt and a touch of pepper. No egg and all that stuff. Fry in a pan with some oil until the outside gets a slight crisp brown and serve with whatever, rice, couscous, veggies, or just put on a po-boy.

Comment

In

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone else?

Comment

Trout and reds are my favorite.

If you want to go healthy, season with some Tony's or Richard's, super hot cast iron. Drop in a few spoon fulls of olive oil, drop in filets, cook until done. Serve with veggies.

Unhealthy. Fish etoufee is amazing.
                    Cook some bell pepper, onion, celery. Remove and place to side.
                    Make a roux (butter and flour, or oil and flour). Add a a can of cream of mushroom soup, add back in veggies. Maybe a little water or beer if you want thinned down a bit more. Then drop in filets and cook 5-10 minutes longer. Serve over rice.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

The fresher they are the more likely I am to do something simple - dont want anything to interfere with that fresh taste. If they have been in the freezer for a long time I am more likely to batter them up

Comment

Tony's and Pam is all you need brah

Comment

Coat 1 side with chili powder and a little bit of Tonys. Grill for 8 min unseasoned side down.

Enjoy!

Comment

I'm simple. Salt, pepper, and corn meal. Deep fry. I like the fish taste and don't want to much spice. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Coat 1 side with chili powder and a little bit of Tonys. Grill for 8 min unseasoned side down.

Enjoy!
                              Yep great on the grill!

Comment

Working...
                              X