Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly.
    Best therapy there is.

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
      Do you have kids yet?
      Grown kids. Have grandkids now.

I love the time spent with friends at the lease as much as anyone, but not of y’all would be driving 5 hours to hang out at a campfire if you couldn’t kill deer too.
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 02-04-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I moved out of the big Urban Scene years ago for that exact reason. I will drive into the Urban Jungle for work only.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Grown kids. Have grandkids now.

I love the time spent with friends at the lease as much as anyone, but not of y’all would be driving 5 hours to hang out at a campfire if you couldn’t kill deer too.
          Wrong, I would easily drive 5 hours to get out of the city and sit by the fire...

Comment

Amen..
            Even though I live somewhat in the country it ain't the Texas Hill country(west Texas)I Love going to the Texas hill country.. GODS country..

Comment

It restores my soul, period! Sold my small ranch 6 years ago after a nasty divorce and now live on just over a half acre with my best friend who never gives me any grief about heading to the lease.

Like many of you, I started hunting at a very young age as my late Father absolutely loved it. Until he passed, he and I taught my 3 son's all we could and gave them the experience of total "bliss" in the country.

Like several have wrote before, "I'm not mad at 'em anymore, lol." With that said, my middle son keeps us in Venison, Elk so the need to fill the freezer is not there anymore. I've killed ONE Buck in 4 years and a few hogs when I see them. But experiencing the camp, friends, family and grandkids will always bring me back year after year until I just can't get there.

NOTHING better than 1st light, listening to the sounds of birds waking up and then, just maybe then, a critter I can't pass up....

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                Wrong, I would easily drive 5 hours to get out of the city and sit by the fire...

Agreed, I work in the city, my perspective has changed because of it, although I really do put in the work for deer in general I’m good with just getting plastered by a fire with good company in peace and quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X