No announcement yet.

Why do we go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s been my priority for awhile. While I still need a couple deer each year for the freezer, once that’s accomplished it’s still something I look forward to. It was especially so when I was still working. It’s much easier to let a marginal age buck walk now than it was several years ago.

Comment

Yes I agree and I love making improvements to my set ups, the roads, the camp all off season, then relaxing in the blinds during the season. Shot my bow and killed my buck in October never fired another shot with rifle of bow the rest of the season. Just observed, took pictures, documented and let my guest do all the killing.

Comment

I agree, getting away and just being in the country side is good for the soul.

Comment

Comment

One of the places I do nighttime hog hunts is near Belmont, between Seguin and Gonzales Very little light polution there and just sitting under the stars, watching the big dipper, Cassiopea, the Pleides, Orion is great, and occasionally see a satellite pass over as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Amen, when im 25 ft up watching the sun come up and listening to the woods come awake. My time with God

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              Better than any church I've ever been in and nobody tries to take up a "Love Offering".

Comment

Clear my head & listen to Him
                Family and friends
                Guiding said family and friends
                Shooting big deer
                Thermal & heli hunting pigs

Comment

I agree with just getting away, raising a flag, enjoying a good fire and friendship with the other guys on our lease.
                  Attached Files

Comment

amen

Comment

Yes sir. I figured it out about ten years ago.

Comment

I go out to fill feeders and do my lease work. i mostly do that for the joy of not having the noise of the metroplex rattling around my head. I enjoy the big wide open, seeing a bald eagle on the Red River, watching hawks hunt, listening to quail talk, admiring Wilbarger County sunrises and sunsets, and on and on. Shooting an animal is a bonus. Photography is a great substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                          Yes I agree and I love making improvements to my set ups, the roads, the camp all off season, then relaxing in the blinds during the season. Shot my bow and killed my buck in October never fired another shot with rifle of bow the rest of the season. Just observed, took pictures, documented and let my guest do all the killing.
                          I love setting up the camp, blinds and feeders.
                          Even trimming shooting lanes. Then enjoying all the varieties of game I get to see. Especially the rutting bucks. I got some decent photos this year I wish I was able to share. Last hunt sunrise photos from Baylor county were especially great.

I only shot a couple of does, some pigs and a coyote this year, but had a great season.

Comment

Amen OP

Comment

Yup!!!

Comment

I go to get away from life, my wife, sit around the fire with my closest friends and drink beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X