No announcement yet.

Treatments...Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's photo shoot. Before and after from my world.

I crop, sharpen and make slight changes to bring out what I remember from each scene. Nothing RAW strictly JPEG output, a quick Picasa touch up to do what needs to be done. It's how I shoot.

I don't lean heavily on software, never have.....it's my style. Maybe one day I might lean on other formats but the world out there is simply enough for me......the old man upstairs is tough to beat.

I will need glasses one day. These sun shots are hard on the old eyes......no LCD display.....all aim, focus set and CLICK.

PEACE!

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before (Note the dust bunnies on this one. Cleaned it up and went literally with what the old man upstairs gave me).

After

Last edited by AtTheWall; 06-10-2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      Before (Note the dust bunnies on this one. Cleaned it up and went literally with what the old man upstairs gave me).
      Windex?

Comment

Dale, I could only wish to be half the perfect man you are. I bet your mirror loves you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
          Dale, I could only wish to be half the perfect man you are. I bet your mirror loves you.
          What's your problem?

I ask a question or two, fishing for some insight about a subject that I admittedly don't know much about, and you wanna take shots at me........ I apologize if something I said hit a little close to home.

Comment

Moving on...

Before - flat and washed out image. After - duplicated the layer and set the blend mode to Overlay, the contrast of the picture is turned up quite a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	peachesbefore.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	23844361 Click image for larger version

Name:	peachesafter.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	23844362

Comment

Danny, let's keep the Photography forum free from that stuff that drags down the Around the Campfire and other forums. One thing I've enjoyed about this forum is that it has the "old" feel of positive feedback and encouragement without the backhanded, or direct, insults.

Michael
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Do you have to be shooting in Raw format to get photoshop to produce the effects that yall are showing???

I cant figure out how to switch my EOS to Raw mode.

Comment

JazzPro....nice stainless sink water shot Amigo!

I missed a few dust bunnies....just noticed them. It was way past my bed time when I worked on these pics. Photoshop 7 is what I lean on for pixel corrections (IE dust bunnies).

HDR stuff is pretty cool Shane and excellent work! I guess using bracket exposure, shoot in RAW, with a solid tripod, is probably the safest bet? I can imagine the amount of work involved with HDR software editing. I know it would greatly improve the light spectrum on panoramic shots. I have found compiling pan shots is challenging from frame to frame from the standpoint of light consistency as the pics swing through the light spectrum. I use my onboard light meter and match the readings dialing in F stops to do so. Even then, it's tough and a good handheld light meter would help greatly. Sure wished I could drop the money on a good light meter right now.

Camera companies are trying like crazy to improve HDR technology with the camera's onboard chip set. Increasing pixels without improving HDR technologies onboard isn't too smart. JPEG2000 isn't an option on my camera so RAW mode is the only way to go there. Hopefully in the next few years some of this technology will make things easier.

Comment

If I do anything at all, it's usually related to brightness and contrast. I also sometimes just use the "auto adjust" in Photoshop Elements.

Comment

Do you have to be shooting in Raw format to get photoshop to produce the effects that yall are showing???
                      No. Older versions of photoshop will not even read RAW files.

Comment

Starting to get the hang of this editing thing now.

Before

Name:	bridgecolorresize2.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	23844365

After

Name:	bridgecolorresize.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	23844366

Question.

How do yall make the colors pop on the clouds like above??? Working with the saturation??

Comment

Looks like we lost a bunch of images on this thread...or is it just me?

Comment

Chuckster said he was making some changes to the site, and that some of the pics from the last few days may be missing for a while.
                            Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-11-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

My feeble attempt at cleaning up one of my favorites with Microsoft Picture It 10.

If anyone can take it further, don't be shy.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-20-2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Travis in your camera's Menu 1 window, the first menu item is QUALITY. Select that and go into it's associated menu. What you probably want to do is select RAW/JPG @ High Quality. That selection is at the bottom of the QUALITY menu screen. It looks like:

RAW +L HIGH QUALITY

RAW file extensions are IMG_***.CR2 and jpeg are IMG_***.JPG

You also have a depth of field preview button, lower left bottom side of the lens base connector. It's located just below your REMOVE LENS button. Get used to pushing that guy when you frame your subject. It will blur out things in the foreground/background or bring things into sharp focus from near to infinity (up to you for final).

Another MENU feature on the 400D, that is well worth tweaking, is the PICTURE STYLE menu. In this particular menu, you can maximize sharpness, contrast and saturation elements. On my 350D, I have my sharpness and saturation elements maxed out. Reference pages 78 - 82 in your user manual and give some of these settings a try. Your 400D has a lot of very cool menu features and playing around with them will greatly improve the overall image resolution before you upload the images to your PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X