Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go with the ranger, You wont be sorry!

Comment

Nothing runs like a Deere!!! My XUV Gator is far superior to the two Mules on our lease in Throckmorton.

Bigdaddy0442

Comment

I tried the Mule, Kubota RTV900, the Rhino 660, and the Ranger out of them I bought the Ranger. To me the Ranger was hands down the best.

Comment

I was faced with the same decision about 3 years ago and after looking at all the UTV's on the market and doing the research..... I decided that I could buy a real nice Jeep/Scout/Etc. for about half the price of a UTV....

This is what I bought and I have half the money in it than I would have the Ranger I was looking at.... It has Heat, A/C, Windshield, Doors to boot....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            All about needs.

A Ranger is a great asset, it will haul a lot of gear but is rougher than a Rhino. It is also much larger and if you are in the woods or used to running an ATV down your trails, you will have to make some wider trails.

Regarding mud, I would go with the Rhino as the Ranger is a heavy beast and the Rhino is nimble.

I have a Rhino and love it but I am in the woods a lot with smaller trails & tighter turns. Hands down there is far more gear/mods/lifts/accessories for the Rhino. You can tailor the Rhino to your specific needs.

Now, if you are looking for 4 seats, you are limited to the Ranger and that unit is huge. I have seen the Rzr 4 seater and it is very sweet but it is more of a recreation UTV than a working UTV as there is not really any cargo space at all.

I have left the Mule out all together, I have a buddy with one and it is slow, heavy and gets stuck a lot even with mud grips and a 2" lift.

Price wise, shop around, I wanted the Ranger Crew but no dealing on the price when I was buying in December 2008. I got a great deal on a Rhino and I love it. It is not for everyone but I do not need to load 1,000# of corn and run the roads filling feeders so I don't need a Ranger either.
            Not limited to 4 seats Ranger..I have a 2008 4 seatmule and am very pleased with it...we hunt south of Laredo in primarily sandy country and it does everything my jeep did..except I think the jeep would tow a heavier load..had a 16 ft dual axel lowboy with 3500 lbs of corn on it and stopped in some soft loose sand...had to drrop the trailer and load corn into the mule.800 lbs at a time and then go to the feeders....think I could have pulled it out with the old jeep...but with the mule you float over the groung without tearing up the roads when it is wet...ranch owner appreciates that...

Comment

Video Comparison of Polaris-Can Am - Yamaha Hunting UTV.

I did this video yesterday to show the features they all have that make it a great machine to use while Hunting your White Tail Deer or Wildlife Game!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

I have been around pretty much every make and model in every riding condition. Your decision should be based on what you want out of the machine. There's a differnt machine for work. A different machine for play.

Comment

People screw them selves on polaris belt issues....anytime you have a load run in low it still will get up to 20/25mph and you won't have an issue. If worst case get a clutch kit for 250$ and it will be set up for low gear hauling/oversized tires low engagement.y buddy has a crew and 34" mud tires and never smoked a belt in two years of extreme mud and a pallet full of corn in the back at the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Twztid View Post
                    People screw them selves on polaris belt issues....anytime you have a load run in low it still will get up to 20/25mph and you won't have an issue. If worst case get a clutch kit for 250$ and it will be set up for low gear hauling/oversized tires low engagement.y buddy has a crew and 34" mud tires and never smoked a belt in two years of extreme mud and a pallet full of corn in the back at the lease.
                    Bingo if your running under 20mph you should be in low my group has rangers and mavericks and commanders all over 30 inch tires and we ride Hard I can count the belts we've burnt on 1 hand

Comment

I have used both a ranger and a mule a lot. Both were put thru a lot and driven up and down some nasty stuff pulled trailers rocky muddy terrain etc..... I would be comfortable getting either one.

Comment

Most folks will think their own machine is the best. I'm no different. I have Rhino and love it. Tough as nails.
                        Never owned a Ranger but had such poor luck with Polaris 4-wheelers that I don't think I would ever own one.
                        My son has a Ranger Crew and loves it.

My advice is to shop around and test drive a few before pulling the string.

Trailboss

Comment

Ranger!!

Comment

Not sure what the best is but I have a 2008 Teryx 750 NRA Edition that I bought brand new out the door for $10,000. It has worked for 6 years now with out a single issue and does everything the Ranger's on the lease do. It does not ride as smooth though, haha. With the price of a replacement UTV at around $16,000 I will be keeping mine for awhile.

Comment

Ranger here!! Got one about a month ago and love it!

Comment

I have a rhino and love it. For me it does all I need to do. I haul enough corn for feeders, carry any animal I kill, and can move a small trailer around with stands and what not on it with no problem. As far as mud, well, they are all "pretty" close to the same as long as your comparing a 2 seat to a 2 seat (or single bench seat) with the exception of the RZR (play is all you can do in one of these though).

I have two cousins who have Rangers. One is an older model, 07 I think, 700? that is non fuel injected. Its ok, reliable, and definitely a work horse. He has had belt issues but now knows to basically run in low all the time. Great machine for him and his family, but definitely slower and not as nimble or comfortable to ride in as a rhino.

Other cousin has a newer Ranger, '13 or '14 model, and I believe its like a 500 or so. Still not as comfortable as a Rhino but quieter and still pretty quick. I really like it because its not as big and doesn't feel as wide as the older, bigger Rangers.

Both went with Rangers for the bench seat and wife and kid or kids. It is usually just me on the Rhino with maybe my daughter or one person, so I like the split seats and comfort. We don't really mud, but none of us has had problems there when we have to.

Can't really go wrong with either as both are considered tested and very reliable and hold good resale for the most part.

The new Honda Pioneer is supposed to be a big improvement over the Big Red, but that is coming from a friend who is a dealer so I don't know. Go drive'em, and find the best deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X