Where to get tamales made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get tamales made

I've been using Flemming's in Montgomery. Stop by this morning to drop a pig off and they no longer make them.

Jacksons meat processing in huffman

Comment

Hunters Choice in Sanger makes them. Picked up my deer yesterday and had some and they were delicious!

Comment

Granny's in downtown Humble on First Street... Make you go home an slap yo mamma cause she caint cook like dat!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Granny's in downtown Humble on First Street... Make you go home an slap yo mamma cause she caint cook like dat!
          How much are they a dozen? Do they vacuum pack them?

Comment

Anywhere between delrio and San Antonio would be good.

Comment

Lol. I didn't know this was even an option.

Comment

Glad to see they're still making them. Been there for a long time and are really good.

I bought the stuff to do my own....just haven't made the time (or built up the nerve) to make them yet!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Glad to see they're still making them. Been there for a long time and are really good.

I bought the stuff to do my own....just haven't made the time (or built up the nerve) to make them yet!
                  They moved a bit farther out on First Street than that little place before Houston Ave... They're a couple blocks East of Houston Ave. now in a strip center, but still the same great service and tamales.

Last I had made cost me $7.00/doz.

Comment

They moved a bit farther out on First Street than that little place before Houston Ave... They're a couple blocks East of Houston Ave. now in a strip center, but still the same great service and tamales.

Last I had made cost me $7.00/doz.
                    Thanks, Have you tried deer and hog there? We like the wild hog better than the deer at Flemming. Do the vacuum pack them there?

Comment

Arnolds in Hempstead makes good ones

Comment

Never mind...didn't look at your location

Comment

My house. JK, I know a lot of old time stores use to make them but a lot have given up due to costs and time. Good luck.

Comment

Granny's is the best place to get them. There's not a close 2nd.

Comment

Arnold's in Hempstead make really good ones for $9/dozen.

Comment

Working...
                              X