Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Public Lands - What allows your hunting rights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was able to open from my phone. It does look good!

Be sure and put a link to FB so people can post it to their walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        I was able to open from my phone. It does look good!

Be sure and put a link to FB so people can post it to their walls.
        Or create an actual FB page, then people can join and follow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
          Or create an actual FB page, then people can join and follow!
          Or there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Or there's that.

Comment

Okay, so Rwkiel and I have been talking.

Currently I am active on the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Texas Chapter page, but what we need right now is hard data.

What do I mean by that? Well, if we think that deer hunting should be allowed at some place like Lavon, we are going to need information. If we create an online petition of some sort, we need to have statistics, etc. at our disposal, otherwise we are just arguing from a position based off of opinions and nothing else.

Same goes for the SHNF. Personally, I would think that Backcountry Hunters and Anglers would be our best bet to deal with these and use the KeepTexasPublic page as a resource in concert with BHA. I know that I have been sort of listed as the de facto head of this, but at this point I feel like I have reached the extent of what else I know to do other than the creation of a webpage and group.

I highly recommend joining the BHA Facebook page found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texa...ountryHunters/

If you have any recommendations, let me know, but we're getting to the point where we probably need to have an in person meeting to discuss organization and goals.

Comment

Just seeing this and I am in. Been a member of BHA, TRCP and TU (I know its fishing, but they fight pretty hard for public land and access) for some time now and would love to be able to get involved locally. Just recently saw the Texas BHA chapter and I want to pitch in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post

Currently I am active on the Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Texas Chapter page, but what we need right now is hard data.

What do I mean by that? Well, if we think that deer hunting should be allowed at some place like Lavon, we are going to need information. If we create an online petition of some sort, we need to have statistics, etc. at our disposal, otherwise we are just arguing from a position based off of opinions and nothing else.

Same goes for the SHNF. Personally, I would think that Backcountry Hunters and Anglers would be our best bet to deal with these and use the KeepTexasPublic page as a resource in concert with BHA. I know that I have been sort of listed as the de facto head of this, but at this point I feel like I have reached the extent of what else I know to do other than the creation of a webpage and group.

I highly recommend joining the BHA Facebook page found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texa...ountryHunters/

If you have any recommendations, let me know, but we're getting to the point where we probably need to have an in person meeting to discuss organization and goals.
                  I believe I saw, in one if the links above, that Lavon is going to be doing a study of the WT population and discussing allowing hunting or a lottery system for them.

Comment

Site is looking good. Let me know if I can help out with anything fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                      I believe I saw, in one if the links above, that Lavon is going to be doing a study of the WT population and discussing allowing hunting or a lottery system for them.
                      I've talked off and on to the head guy at Lavon for a few years. He has told me several times that this isn't going to happen as long as he is in charge. I squirrel hunt units 2 and 3 at Lavon and see plenty of deer for a draw hunt. The problem is the surrounding land owners. Pretty much every property backing up to the COE land has a feeder by the fence. They don't want to lose their sanctuary. Unit 3 is on the Environmentally Sensitive Area list. I figure my best squirrel spot will go away shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        I've talked off and on to the head guy at Lavon for a few years. He has told me several times that this isn't going to happen as long as he is in charge. I squirrel hunt units 2 and 3 at Lavon and see plenty of deer for a draw hunt. The problem is the surrounding land owners. Pretty much every property backing up to the COE land has a feeder by the fence. They don't want to lose their sanctuary. Unit 3 is on the Environmentally Sensitive Area list. I figure my best squirrel spot will go away shortly.
                        If you haven't, try areas 6-8. [emoji106]

Comment

This must all be due to political pressure & the general public safety concerns? Recently the Bailey & Barnum Circus (?) will stop circus due to same type of public pressure issues. Sad

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Same deal with granger, private landowners pull kept the deer hunting to a minimum with limited draws, its a little more open with the post card deal but still restricted compared to other projects. While hog hunting at granger I see more deer there than any public land I've hunted in the state the last few years.
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 03-02-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Should be free for feral hogs on any public land just my 2 cents.
                                Last edited by Knot at work; 03-05-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X