Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    Storm, what heat wave? Late Sept, heat index over 100, whats the problem?
    I might have been in Florida for awhile but this humidity is nasty. Gonna have to break out the cold weather gear before it gets below 60 I'm gonna freeze.

Comment

I went for another long stroll here at whitney and im soaked in sweat. Spot A had some action and set up spot B for my son. Both are near trails so should be good. Check them again on Saturday.

Comment

How ofter do yall feed being this close to opening weekend ty

Comment

If the corn is gone I put more.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
            If the corn is gone I put more.
            Ok I got ta going out after work to put more out lol I don't kniw if what I out out is gone but I am going to go look

Comment

The corn I put out last time didn't last long.

Comment

Justin I could use some gps cords..lol...ill only hunt 2x a week..lol..

Comment

I try to wait till mid day. Or after dark to put corn out. That leaves them undisturbed during morning and evening prime moving hours. Twice a week. Just watch where ya step. Snakes don't like being stepped on.

One more free weekend to do what ya want. Then it's on!

Comment

That's why I wear snake boots mike.. Carlock you have your fish to hunt.

Comment

At this point I try to go out as little as possible. I put out 50# last weekend and ill probably put out a bit this weekend. Then I have the 28th off so I'll probably hand corn about 10 more pounds then and about 5-10 opening morning. I know that seems like a lot but it'll be mid day and just in and out no hanging around. Just an in and out trip is an hour and 45 min walk though

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                        That's why I wear snake boots mike.. Carlock you have your fish to hunt.
                        . Good to hear. I'd hate for ya to have to miss a couple of weeks of hunting because of Ol Double Toothy. Already know of a couple folks that's happened to down there.

I've had a pair for about 8 years now. Worn them less than 10 times. Tried to put them on not to long ago and the zipper broke on one of them. Figures . Then I caught two rattlers that weekend too . Boots would wear a blister on my Achilles most of the time. Guess I'll just keep wearing tennis shoes or rubber boots. And watch were I step till I find a place that can repair the zipper. Then they can sit on the shelf again knowing that they are good to go, if I ever put them on again.

Comment

Hello all,
                          I am new to Texas Bow Hunter but have been hunting for years. Looks like a cool resource for hunting information. I will be hunting on the Whitney Core Property this year and was wondering if any of you guys have hunted around the Cedron Creek area? I've always seen a bunch of trucks parked on the east side of the road at the Katie Bridge. Thanks good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            . Good to hear. I'd hate for ya to have to miss a couple of weeks of hunting because of Ol Double Toothy. Already know of a couple folks that's happened to down there.

I've had a pair for about 8 years now. Worn them less than 10 times. Tried to put them on not to long ago and the zipper broke on one of them. Figures . Then I caught two rattlers that weekend too . Boots would wear a blister on my Achilles most of the time. Guess I'll just keep wearing tennis shoes or rubber boots. And watch were I step till I find a place that can repair the zipper. Then they can sit on the shelf again knowing that they are good to go, if I ever put them on again.
                            All I ever wear when scouting are tennis shoes it's all about comfort and speed for me.

Comment

Hunted cedron years ago. Watch out for rattle snakes.

Comment

Thanks Justindfw. I will definitely be on the look out for Mr. No Shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                                X