Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
    that's cool and all..but where do you buy the dang thing. Their website sucks. No product information, no prices, no "find a dealer", click here to buy...nothing.
    I'm trying to figure that out myself. I haven't called yet.

Comment

Anyone have experience with clip on nv? Have a scope for super/sub and prefer to keep it that way vs a second scope.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
        Anyone have experience with clip on nv? Have a scope for super/sub and prefer to keep it that way vs a second scope.

I'm in the same boat. I love my scope. Just want to add NV. That should be even less than a Photon, right? No, it's waaaaay more.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          I'm in the same boat. I love my scope. Just want to add NV. That should be even less than a Photon, right? No, it's waaaaay more.
          From what I've seen it's WAYYYYY MORE.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I like my scopes, but I want to be able to see at night. The PS 22 is a good unit. Take a look at nite site. Something keeps holding me off on the photon myself.

Comment

Currently the NV add-on options for your day scope are limited. The Pulsar DFA75 is really the only option I'm aware of and it is a Cadillac. It's extremely high quality and the minimum advertised price is $1,799.97, which is actually $200 cheaper than it was just a couple months ago. The TBH discount knocks a little off the price but it's still an expensive high end, high quality optic.

I'm looking into the NiteSite and trying to get more info, but it seems to be difficult. I've requested to become a dealer, but I'm still waiting on info. I'll let y'all know what I find out, when I find out.

I'm going to see what my ATN sources are saying about the X-Sight but so far, they just keep saying "next month".

For now, the Photon is the best option out there and the quality and quality for the price are hard to beat. But it will be interesting to see how the X-Sight does. Once they become available, I'll be doing my best to get my hands on them as quickly as possible and hopefully I'll be able to offer a TBH discount on them as well. Oh and Photons still in stock with more on the way soon!

- Jason

Comment

I saw one of the NiteSights demoed two weeks ago. Interesting concept. No need to "aim". Just watch the view finder on the back and put the crosshair where you want the shot.

Comment

I broke down today and ordered a NiteSite NS200 today. They offered a 30 day money back deal on it, so I thought about it and gave in. I just like the ability of having my dedicated day optics and the same setup for night by adding this system. I'll be sure to post some pics and review when it gets here.

Comment

Got mine setup, going to use it down in Texas next week. 3.5 Photon, 20 IT, and Doubler.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                      We used PVS-7's (I think...single tube NVG's) behind eotech's in the military. They worked great mounted on the rifle like a magnifier. But not sure the sight you want to use is NV capable or not, that would be your biggest limfac.

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                        We used PVS-7's (I think...single tube NVG's) behind eotech's in the military. They worked great mounted on the rifle like a magnifier. But not sure the sight you want to use is NV capable or not, that would be your biggest limfac.
                        I have a nikon p300, the 300 bo scope for super/subs.

I think i am going the photon route and only shoot subs.

Comment

Went out this weekend and didnt get a chance to kill anything

Comment

Chuy... Have you tried partnering it with a kill light vs the it? I have a green light already at my feeder and think that should be good.

Comment

Have not visited this thread in a while.....all I have is a Kill Light..man I want to go!!

Comment

Just an update, after a few people mentioned the NiteSite. I finally spoke with them and got all the info on becoming a dealer. I still haven't decided whether to sign up with them or not....I'm trying to determine if there is enough demand for these units. I just haven't heard enough buzz to decide if it's worth jumping in and making the investment to become a dealer. I've heard good and bad but I haven't put my hands on them yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X